Manchester Airport - Parking
Can anyone recommend reasonable parking for Manchester Airport. Ta!

Andy & Sue

Last edited by a moderator:

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
we use shentons at handforth if travelling for less than a week, any longer and a taxi is cheaper.

martin

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Ah Shentons i've parked there many times . Bus'es always on time nice and safe too .. Not everyone knows about it ,, and pete your a big softie . but a good un ...Diane

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
Just make sure you have a spare set of wheels :heh:

I'll remember that :hmm:

Anyway, I couldnt find a reference to your road on Wikipedia, however ....

"19th century
In 1894 George Bernard Shaw described Burnage as the prettiest village in Manchester.[2] In spite of the industrialisation of Manchester, Burnage had an established a cottage industry in hand weaving. Many of the original weavers' cottages still survive today.

[edit] 20th century
1906 saw plans to build a so-called "garden suburb" in the district. Burnage Garden Village, as it was called, saw the building of many new semi-detached houses as well as open recreational spaces, including lawns, gardens, a bowling green, tennis courts, allotments and a children's playground."

Last edited:

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
I'll remember that :hmm:

Anyway, I couldnt find a reference to your road on Wikipedia, however ....

"19th century
In 1894 George Bernard Shaw described Burnage as the prettiest village in Manchester.[2] In spite of the industrialisation of Manchester, Burnage had an established a cottage industry in hand weaving. Many of the original weavers' cottages still survive today.

[edit] 20th century
1906 saw plans to build a so-called "garden suburb" in the district. Burnage Garden Village, as it was called, saw the building of many new semi-detached houses as well as open recreational spaces, including lawns, gardens, a bowling green, tennis courts, allotments and a children's playground."

surely not a burnage lad ? i was dragged up in burnage from the age of 6 to 21, acaisias and burnage high school.

martin

Talkinman

Hi,
We live about 50 minutes from Manchester airport, (40 on a good day with the wind in our sails), but have lately used the train if there is only 2 of us travelling. So far, it has been great. Cheaper to book at the local station than on line, and just a walk into the terminal. I would recommend it.
Joyce

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
Oh yes Martin :) .. Well I spent my childhood in Levenshulme, but have lived in Burnage since I was a tender 17 year old. I'm 5 mins from both schools you mention, and Noel & Liams mum too :lol:

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Hi,
We live about 50 minutes from Manchester airport, (40 on a good day with the wind in our sails), but have lately used the train if there is only 2 of us travelling. So far, it has been great. Cheaper to book at the local station than on line, and just a walk into the terminal. I would recommend it.
Joyce

Hi Joyce,

I would consider the train if I go on my own anytime, is it far to walk with your luggage to Terminal 1 from the rail station?

Talkinman

Sunnyseasider,
It is SO easy. Allow 10 minutes for the walk, but it's all inside, with walkways, goes past the airport hotel. Either ramp, stairs or lift from the platform up to the walkway. Pick up a timetable, and allow for waiting for suitcases on the return journey. Buffet bar on the platform.
Joyce

missmo

missmo
I always go onto compare-airport-parking.co.uk and see which is the cheapest but mostly one called autostrong which is located in altrincham comes up and they are quite good, we have also used one next to the airport but that one is just like a big outdoor parking area and you catch a bus in. autostrong is a compound secure and they park your car and take your mileage and any damage report before parking, then keep your keys and deliver you to the airport, i will never forget going to collect my car from the other type only to find id packed my keys.

mo

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Sunnyseasider,
It is SO easy. Allow 10 minutes for the walk, but it's all inside, with walkways, goes past the airport hotel. Either ramp, stairs or lift from the platform up to the walkway. Pick up a timetable, and allow for waiting for suitcases on the return journey. Buffet bar on the platform.
Joyce

Joyce, excellent Thanks, I've looked into the train fare and it's only £6 with the trainline on a Saturday in January and £16.80 to come back, from Poulton -Le-Fylde, so it's lots cheaper than the parking or taxi and of course the hassle of the drive there.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom