pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Man Eats His Dog
There would have been more meat on his Wife ! I dont care if i'm being bitchy . If i were a bitch i'd gladly bite his hand off And his Sweetbreads . Its sick . I just put my breakfast in the bin . Should be put on list of places Not To Visit ... Diane

Last edited:

Saoirse

Man Eats His Dog
I know some people who have chickens as pets

to them eating a chicken is revolting. where do you draw the line? I have a pet rabbit and find it disgusting that people eat rabbits,

I find what this man did disgusting but as I say where do you draw the line

Duke

Man Eats His Dog
We Brits are so Fickle arent we?? We have one rule for ourselves and another for people from other lands??? WHY??? In India they dont eat Cows WE DO In Moslem countries & Jewish people dont eat Pork WE DO in Korea & many other Far East countries they breed dogs FOR EATING!!! Just because we dont its not a sin to do so.... Oh Ok I know its distaseful for some of us but hey we do far worse stuff back at home that other countries would find really distasteful .. In Holland Belguim France they eat Horse meat (its delicious) WE DONT so Live & Let Live there are far worse things in this world of ours that need changing. Before you Pillory me I love Dogs (not for eating!) I love all animals & abhore cruelty to them We have had pets all my life .... Mind you I never realised that eating your Dog was legal in NZ
Duke

Man Eats His Dog
As you say biker bob it's just a choice of meat to them, as a dog lover I hate the thought of eating dog meat but all cultures are not the same, some dog breeds would not be in existance if they had not been reard for food, it's like you wont eat horse but eat cow,dont eat veal but eat very young pig who have never been out side! the list goes on,

By the way my dog is sitting here waiting on her tit bit, I wonder what she thinks!

Man Eats His Dog
You beat me to it duke, not sure if illegal to eat dog in the uk, but it is illegal to kill them for food.

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Man Eats His Dog
But some brits do eat Horsemeat . A woman i no in the next village to me had her horse cut up for the Deep Freeze ! I used to stroke him . But when i was invited to a BBQ they had recently I made my excuses and declined the invitation . Troy was a lovely horse
Diane

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Man Eats His Dog
l personally think it is immoral to eat an animal that you have bonded with.Would one eat another human being if their was a bond of love towards that person,because it is a custom of their's to consume human flesh on certian rictual ceremonies in the year.Certian traditions and customs,doesn't make it right what they do.

Like others have said ,where do you draw the line.Quite simple really...The lines are drawn in societies for us to be aware of not to step over the mark and enter immoral territory,since this leads to a downfall in compassion and a heart being taught the ability to recognize what is right,but selfishly ignoring what is wrong

Fendouglas

Gangless!
Man Eats His Dog
Of course, in most cultures it's considered immoral to 'bond' with animals - it's called 'bestiality'!:loony:

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Man Eats His Dog
where do you draw the line, I eat beef lamb pork chicken etc, so why cant someone eat dog if it is culturally acceptable and not against the law ?

martin

There are cultures that think incest is ok, that beating your children and your wife are good....does it make it right? Beef,lamb,pork & chicken are domesticated animals bred for feeding humans. Dogs and cat's are pets....the is a huge difference. The laws everywhere should ban killing and eating of dogs.

Biker Bob

Valian

Let sleeping dogs lie
Man Eats His Dog
All warm bloodied animals are safe around me!!! Although if our chicken goes broody one more time and thereby stops laying eggs again....... :rolleyes: I may have to protect her from my carnivorous husband!

Man Eats His Dog
dont you think it would solve some of the dog problems around here !!

"a nice jack russell for tea" ,may be not.

Last edited:

Fendouglas

Gangless!
Man Eats His Dog
The Romans kept geese as 'watchdogs', but it didn't stop them eating them too! Likewise not all cultures keep dogs as pets and so they wouldn't have a problem in eating them. Just because we (Brits, that is) find it abhorrent doesn't necessarily make it wrong if it's acceptable within the culture.

Other cultures eat all manner of things that would disgust us - i.e. various warrior cultures used to believe that eating your vanquished enemies woud transfer their courage etc to the eater - but it doesn,t make it wrong in their culture.

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Man Eats His Dog
The Romans kept geese as 'watchdogs', but it didn't stop them eating them too! Likewise not all cultures keep dogs as pets and so they wouldn't have a problem in eating them. Just because we (Brits, that is) find it abhorrent doesn't necessarily make it wrong if it's acceptable within the culture.

Other cultures eat all manner of things that would disgust us - i.e. various warrior cultures used to believe that eating your vanquished enemies woud transfer their courage etc to the eater - but it doesn,t make it wrong in their culture.

I understand what your saying but humans have evolved over time.....a culture that believed in one thing 2000 years ago does not make it correct today. Having evolved we don't have to rely on ancient ways. It was once accepted to hit a women over the head and have your way with her....today that's rape.......Not too many cultures agree with rape....they changed to adjust to a more civilized life. Eating dogs may be excepted in some third world countries but NZ? Think it just came off my places to go list.

Biker bob

Saoirse

Man Eats His Dog
couldnt agree more that beliefs and nonesense from 2000 years ago shouldnt be taken seriously today......god botherers please note!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom