bobthenob

Non Active Member
Making paper airplanes
This design of a paper airplane,l have always loved ever since l was a little boy.My dad showed me how it was done and how to hold it for the plane to fly far.
l have spent years trying to remember how this plane was made,ever since my dad taught me how to make it.And at last l have found it.

Can anyone remember this type of paper designed plane when they were a child.l know there are many different types of paper airplanes around,but this one is very special to me.
Here is the design

Alex's paper airplanes - The Swallow

McDHibs

Making paper airplanes
Dad taught me the same plane Bob

But I ended up making the one with a whole sheet of A4 with no cut off bits it looked a lot like your diagram 5 the last stage was tearing flaps in the back to give the lift.

I will make one tomorrow and take a picture and stick it on the thread.

I had hours of fun as a kid with paper planes cant see the youth of today being that impressed can you.

Mike

EVELYNNE

evelynne
Making paper airplanes
My grandson is always making paper planes, loads , I went to do some printing last night and need to buy more paper !!!

JET

Making paper airplanes
Thanks KKOB you`ve just helped to keep my grandson and friend occupied for, hopefully,at least, another couple of hours. We`ve almost ran out of ideas to quench his daily thirst for knowledge, adventure and excitement. Some nights, after he has gone home, we collapse, exhausted, into our bed - when it is still daylight outside. (lol)

I think there should be special de-stressing courses for relatives and parents of school children following all school holidays...... Next Tuesday is our `D` Day - and we (Ian and I) plan to find some way of celebrating........Whoopee!

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Making paper airplanes
l made one the other day,it was great.lt brought my childhood back to the way my dad showed me how to make the swallow paper plane.To me this one is the best to fly,because of the way it holds itself in flight for a longer period,then the others.
Give your children something to do on those rainy day's and see what they can come up with by competing with each other.Make them pick a design and then allow them to make it with help of course.Once they have finished the plane.Set up an area where the planes will compete with each other,for the longest duration and the furthest flight.
The winner gets an ice cream

pebble

Making paper airplanes
We used to make paper planes as kids too, what fun we used to have. Also, paper kites. It would take us hours and hours to get the perfect kite, then hours and hours of flying them.
Paper plane races, paper kite races/fights...... brings back such great memories.......

Latest Posts

Top Bottom