Making a will in the Dalaman area
Hi

Can anyone enlighten us with their recent experiences regarding making a turkish will. We have been quoted the following:

£160 - £220 - Notary fee
£60 - Translator fee
£150 - Solicitor fee

Totalling @ £430.

We are over in Dalaman in a couple of weeks and would like to complete the above, however , think that the prices we have been quoted are a little on the high side. We are prepared to travel to Ortaca, Dalyan or any other nearby destination if the service is appropriate. It will be a straight forward will with no complications.

Any advice, experience and corresponding contact names, numbers and addressesses etc would be greatly appreciated.

Just for info, we have been advised that the only documents/ things we will require will be

2 Turkish winesses
tax number
passports
4x photos and a written statement from the notary to the local health care centre so that the doctorcan confirm we are not nuttters!!

Many thanks in anticipation!
Karen

Martyn

It may not help but I had to go the notary office to do a poa a couple of weeks ago and the charges were 180TL for the Notary Office and £30 for the translator.

CJD

Not sure about the solicitor but I think the notary and translator
are tl prices not £

Martyn

Yes that's what I was getting at. Before I went to the notary they said the price would be between 180TL and 220TL depending on the number of pages which is a very similar price structure they quoted in £s.

dstearn

When we move over 5 years ago, we got new UK wills which we brought over. Our solicitor advised checking validity locally as he did not know Turkish law, we went to see a local advocat who told us we do not need a Turkish will as this country will take our 'home' country's law. We lodged the wills, details of our bank accounts, tapus etc & name & address of our executor should we go together, with her. That was it, don't know the charge as she did other work re our build, but what ever it was it was very reasonable as no work was done.

I have heard of some terrible quotes being given, a friend of a friend was told £2000! I think, as with everything here, you need to find someone reputable. Remember there is no Law Society protection.

JohnF

however , think that the prices we have been quoted are a little on the high side.
Yes they are on the high side - and by a good margin.

Just for info, we have been advised that the only documents/ things we will require will be

2 Turkish winesses
tax number
passports
4x photos and a written statement from the notary to the local health care centre so that the doctorcan confirm we are not nuttters!!
Sounds like someone smells yabanci para... no (Turkish) witnesses required and if you toddle off to Fethiye, no medical statements required.

Use the forum search facility, wills have been done to death over the past few years and there is plenty of info available.

JF

Kalkan regular

The Golden Girls
If you both have names on the Tapu then you need 2 seperate wills, which is double the cost of one. Was the original price for 2 wills or for 1?

Yes they are on the high side - and by a good margin.

Sounds like someone smells yabanci para... no (Turkish) witnesses required and if you toddle off to Fethiye, no medical statements required.

Use the forum search facility, wills have been done to death over the past few years and there is plenty of info available.

JF

OMG!!!! What to do - to make a will or not???? The will would be so straight forward that I am tempted to leave things and let the Turkish Law kick in if and when needs as the other half and kids will get it all anyway - vice versa with hubby!!
I definitely think it is a case of yabanci para - and what p**ses me off most is that yes, all prices quoted were in GBP and not Lira, and we have used this company's services previously on several occassions! Must admit though, we thought we had been "done" with translation etc when we collected our latest Tapu (and just for info - that now needs changing as it says the wrong "KAT"!!!- Another story!!)

Many thanks to all that have replied so far and to anyone else who feels they can contribute with a view to persuading us one way or another.
mY INITIAL REACTION IS THAT IF WE CAN GET IT ALL DONE OFFICIALLY FOR £150 FOR 2 WILLS AS STATED IN ONE OF THE WILL THREAD FORUMS PREVIOUSLY, then bring it on!!!!!!!! I need names, addresses and numbers of reliable people though in order to do this.
Karen

Latest Posts

Top Bottom