LyndaW

makes me laugh
İ share a house with my Turkish partner (business) who does not speak English, having said that he does know a few words..tomorrow, table etc.

He has just bought a new car, no ignition key just start and stop.

He new the word stop, well now his new word is start. So now if we are going somewhere its....Lynda start....which makes us both laugh. i have told him to say lets go but no, he likes his new word...start.

İts Lynda start..Lynda stop...feel like a engine.

İs there a word that your Turkish friends say..even when you correct them.. that always makes you laugh.

Lynda

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
makes me laugh
I've given up trying to tell my Turkish Berber that when he slaps on the Lemon Cologne he should say "Big Sting Coming" NOT "Big Stink 'Oming". :gulme:

babsgood

Deemon in disguise
makes me laugh
one of my friends says boring instead of bored, so she will say he's boring not he's bored

LyndaW

makes me laugh
İ once read on another forum that the ladys husband called sauspan lids hats

Lynda

Akasya

Postless Pointer
makes me laugh
A restaurant we us in Bitez charmingly refers to toast as " burned bread ", and a lovely restaurant in Kaya Koyu presented us with a carrier bag of home grown fruits and veg
" engineered in our field " , not funny but really nice. I know how often i bastardise the Turkish language and am never overtly laughed at. Very courteous the Turkish people.

Steve.

LyndaW

makes me laugh
İt happens round the other way.
İ was saying in Turkish that i was going to my bed.
But what i actually said was that i was going to my yarak...which means something totally different.

Causes a laugh every night now

Lynda

makes me laugh
İt happens round the other way.
İ was saying in Turkish that i was going to my bed.
But what i actually said was that i was going to my yarak...which means something totally different.

Causes a laugh every night now

Lynda

:lol::lol::lol:
I once went into a bakkal wanting a comb...and I confused the word for comb, (tarak) with the same word you used. Luckily the grocer could see the funny side of it!

makes me laugh
i was i the car telling Yusuf off for speeding(he doesnt speak english) and i said ''Yusuf man''..and he shouted back ''shirley woman''..my Grandson was with us ..and he pee'd himself laughing..and he now always calls me shirley woman.

One of the men i'm teaching Turkish to told me he was trying some conversation the other day..and he told a woman he was 'meyveli' (with fruit)..instead of emekli (retired..)
i wont tell you some of the other things ive mixed up.. ummm

saffie

Saffie
makes me laugh
Always made me chuckle when I heard my ex complaining that his "foot fingers" were "scratching"..or he'd stubbed his "foot fingers" on the step.

I kind of liked it.

saffie

babsgood

Deemon in disguise
makes me laugh
my sister in law was here on holiday last year and she asked me what cigarette pie was, I couldn't work out for the life of me what she was talking about until she pointed to the menu board in the restaurant and they had translated sigara borek into cigarette pie!!!

sasa

Pimp My Sasha!
makes me laugh
Saffie, that's exactly what Him Indoors used to call his toes too!!

He's also asked me if i wanted to eat some chicken "chest" for my dinner one night!

Another gem was one time, he asked me to teach him some prophanities commonly used in the English language...now really, i should have seen this one coming, but i did so and with an explanation of their meanings (and an assurance from him it was for educational purposes only and not to be said in public-EVER!!).

Anyway the next day, we were enjoying a lovely walk in the park, we found a bench to sit on and admired the view of the sea and the gathering of street cats that were entertaining us with their antics..

Suddenly, Him Indoors, proud with his new found linguistic skills shouted out, "look Lisa..that cat's cleaning it's *****")

I have never, ever given him such a tutorial again...

LyndaW

makes me laugh
i must admit foot fingers is one of my favourites....made me laugh for years.

i had a problem with yatak and yarak for some time and once me and my Turlish boyfriend were talking to a Turkish lady about how cold it was.

İ told her that my yarak was hot because it was eletric ( meaning i had a eletric blanket) my boyfriend looked at me in horror.

He banned me from talking about my yatak or yarak in public

Lynda

Helenm150

makes me laugh
I'm very very "angry" - why are you angry I reply - the answer comes - because I want to yemek (eat) - ha ha ha!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom