luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Make your own doughnuts
This is an easy recipe for doughnuts -- especially for Waterbaby !!!

Easy, Homemade Donuts

Making homemade donuts is not as hard as it looks. The only real equipment that you need is a deep fryer.
There are two major kinds of donuts, those that are leavened, or raised with yeast, and those that are leavened with baking powder or baking soda. There are differences in the two types, but both are delicious.

207009_f260.jpg

Fresh Donuts are a great way to begin the morning

How Cool is This? No Mess!

Tips for Perfect Donuts

There are a few tricks and tips that will help you achieve the perfect donut:
  • Make sure the oil is hot, 370 Degrees works best for me.
  • Don't overload the fryer. Fry only three or four at a time.
  • Flip the donuts as the rise to the top and are light golden on the underside, do not over-fry.
  • Use the softest dough possible. Refrigerate to keep it workable.
  • Use clean oil
  • Let finished donuts drain into the fryer for a few minutes before removing them to drain on absorbent paper
  • Use the donut cutter in a straight down motion, without twisting.
Doughnuts

1 cup granulated sugar
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 cups all-purpose flour (about)
2 eggs
1 cup milk
3 tablespoons melted butter
Fat (for deep-fat frying)

Sift together sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and flour.

Beat eggs thoroughly, then stir into dry ingredients. Add the milk and melted butter. Roll about 1/2 inch thick on a floured board and cut with a doughnut cutter. Fry several at a time in 375 degrees F fat until nicely browned. Drain on paper towels. Dust with granulated or confectioners' sugar.

Tess

Make your own doughnuts
Ahhhh, how could you, I can smell them!! Bet they are delicious!!!

waterbaby

Make your own doughnuts
Thanks for that one.........all i need now is to ask Santa for a deep fat fryer.
You didnt have to go out of your way to fid that but much appreciated lol.

dalyansteve

Make your own doughnuts
I have a commercial doughnut machine, gas fired, complete with spares and depositors if anyone has a business outlet suitable. Some where with lots of people going past is best, the aroma does the selling. It will produce 550 ring doughnuts an hour. As indicated there are plenty of good recipies for the mix.

Sara-666

Make your own doughnuts
You don't need a deep fat fryer for the donut recipe, just put an inch of oil in a deep frying pan, then turn them over half way through cooking.

Sara

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Make your own doughnuts
I have a commercial doughnut machine, gas fired, complete with spares and depositors if anyone has a business outlet suitable. Some where with lots of people going past is best, the aroma does the selling. It will produce 550 ring doughnuts an hour. As indicated there are plenty of good recipies for the mix.

Interesting -- could be a new sideline in our restaurant !!

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Make your own doughnuts
Interesting -- could be a new sideline in our restaurant !!

Brilliant Sue, Larry would want to come to yours' every night, lol. Seventh heaven, the pancakes for starters, and delish don-nuts for afters, and lots of yummies in the middle.

Clarecg

Make your own doughnuts
Brings back memeories of childhood holidays in Harlech.

The bakery there made fresh doughnuts and you bought them freshand hot after they'd been through the machine Mmmmmmm can almost smell it now and the queues were huge especially on wet Welsh days!

Make your own doughnuts
mmmm good idea Sue, I love plain fresh doughnuts, I had a huge one in Kos it was delicious!
If I have a hangover I always fancy a doughnut much more than a fry up!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom