bayjan

Make your donations here!
Folllowing on from 'Felix the cats' post regarding street cats and dogs. We are now looking for donations to hold a sort of 'Christmas Fayre' on Sunday December 6th. Cakes, bric a brac, good clean clothing, household goods, unused toys (not broken) books or anything we can raise money from. Please make your donations by ringing either Rewena on 05426973108 or Janet on 05368839704 we will have a collection service available for anybody that does not have transport.
A venue is yet to be arranged but will be announced as soon as we have one, ( any offers bar or restaurant owners ) look out for the posters around the village. Volunteers to man stalls will also be needed.

Hi,, Good Luck with this event,,,we are already having a search around the house for goodies for your fayre.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Me too would come along if I was there. I really hope that you have a good turnout and one of the restaurants/bars come to your aid for the use of their facilities for the event.

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Wish i was there i'd love to come and support the event and i.ve lots of stuff you could have to. but i'm stuck in wet england ,,,Diane

bayjan

Thanks for your good wishes, I thought we would have been inundated with offers by now, but sadly nothing.

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Thanks for your good wishes, I thought we would have been inundated with offers by now, but sadly nothing.

Personally I think it is the wrong time of the year - you need to do like I do and arrange events for the summer months - also not to really on donations - when I hold my raffles I end up buying the prizes myself.
Anyway good luck for the event

I have just been to the village and fed the kittens -- ( painful as it was to walk still ! )
they are growing so big now and I must admit all that I saw were looking very healthy.

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Personally I think it is the wrong time of the year - you need to do like I do and arrange events for the summer months - also not to really on donations - when I hold my raffles I end up buying the prizes myself.
Anyway good luck for the event

I have just been to the village and fed the kittens -- ( painful as it was to walk still ! )
they are growing so big now and I must admit all that I saw were looking very healthy.

Agree with you Sue.

bayjan

Christmas Fayre in the summer, novel I suppose, but this is not just for tourists. There are lots of Expats here as well as local people that could participate in this event, it's about our village and our street animals. Turgutreis has a great community spirit when it comes to raising funds for the street animals and they have Restaurant and Bar owners who are willing to let their premises be used without any gain for themselves, other than a bit of advertising.
Maybe it's not the wrong time of year for genuine fundraising, just the wrong location, or the wrong place to advertise it.

waterbaby

It is not the wrong time of year, as you say alot of expats here who feel for the street animals. Fun raisers have been done before and alot of people donate bric-a-brac games, tools,clothes etc.......and hundreds have been raised........every year there is a fundraiser for the 2 local schools and each year upwards of 1000tl is raised. Bayjan you just need to get out networking and spread the word, why not print out a few posters and go to the laocl bars and put them up also go to the places that have karaoke......Musti's on a friday night, Zorro on tuesday night and Rahat also friday.........Also on Thursday market day, go to the little kebab place opposite the belediye and Feyz.....alot of local expats hanging about on those days, that will be more than willing to help. Good luck.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Hi Waterbaby, I don't know if you live there all year round, but I feel, like you that if I was there right now, the least that I would do for this very worthy cause is print some posters myself and go around all those establishments that are open and rally them all for support. Not sure they'd like my attempt at making cakes, lol, but I would definitely be offering some goodies for their raffles, tombola etc. I want to do more for the street animals, and like Luckycat Sue, I would visit the village daily to feed them, but as for now I am only a holiday resident, I feel absolutely useless. As for those of you that do live full time, I only can say that you are very much helping these poor mites to survive the lean winter months when all the Yabancis have left.

Sorry i haven't got a restaurant/bar to offer for your use,,,,but I have sorted out some odds and ends for you to sell,,, what about useing one of the closed restaurants,,,wonder if they would mind? Like Morgul,,,great location,,(don't know if sue would mind,,and would the locals move) Also the old Ali Baba restaurant is closed,,,would the owners object to you useing that area? I agree with waterbaby leave leaflets in the bars/restaurants to advertise. anyway good luck,,,

felixthecat

felixthecat
Just been readıng the posts on the thread What a lot of negatıve replies ı know ıt ıs wrong tıme for the tourıst but lıke janet says theır are lots of ex pats lıvıng here.
We are tryıng are best to do get somethıng together for the st anımals and would lıke your support.
We plan to dıstrıbute leaflets as soon has we have venue whıch we hope someone wıll let us use theır premıses.a empty patch of ground not beıng used wıll do.
So come on you lets get the ball rollıng.

bayjan

We have now had an offer of a venue from one of the bar owners in Yalikavak, we just have to meet with them to discuss practicalities and we will be away, our leaflets and poster will be around the village so look out for them once the venue is confirmed, hopefully tomorrow, we can't thank them enough for coming to our aid, we will also announce the venue on here, the Bodrum Bulletin site and hopefully the press will cover the event for us. Who knows if we ask him nicely the mayor may even open it for us!
Also I would like to thank Chris in Bodrum who pm'd me, we will follow your advice re having a 'name' to be associated by, and will take up your offer of advertising in Bodrum for us.
:28 hope to see you all soon

Latest Posts

Top Bottom