gingersnap

Maintenance contract
Hi I need some advice on maintenance contracts. We were paying maintenance to the construction company we bought our place from but the company is no more. Some of the people from that company are setting up a new property maintenance company and have told us that they will honour the 5 year guarentee as long as noone delays in paying them the maintenance money. They have also said we need to pay the new company the maintenance owed when it was being done by the original company, do we have to do this as the maintenance contract (not that we can remember signing one) was with the construction company. They have not yet sent us a maintenance contract for there new company, would they be able to back date the maintenance contract? Any advice is gratefully received.

Tess

Maintenance contract
Hi Gingersnap and a warm welcome to the forum, I know you will enjoy.
Some of the fine members on here will be able to assist in your query.
I do hope you will stick around and get to know us, use the search facility or browse through the forum at your leisure for lots of fab information.
Look forward to your posts in the future.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Maintenance contract
there probably isnt a contract, ask to see it.
do you have tapus ? are all the properties sold etc do you have a committee ? have you had an agm ?

ps welcome to the forum, where is your site ?

martin

gingersnap

Maintenance contract
We have our Tapu. Only 3 of the apartments have been sold, the other 3 are owned by one of the people setting up the new company. We do not have a comittee we have issues with the original company ( which a few of them are setting up the new company) and how the maintenance was being carried out in the past, that we were paying for the maintenance to be carried out and it was only ever being done when someone was going out there. ourselves and one other of the apartment owners do not want anything to do with them but the other owner does as they feel the 5 year guarentee is worth it, but we feel we are being blackmailed into having to use them. We feel that we are being over charged for the service they had / are providing

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Maintenance contract
the five year guarantee wont be worth anything if the developer/builder has gone bust. it only usually covers major problems, cant see a management company taking those on board.

the person with the 3 appartments doesnt have 3 votes according to other threads, you need to search the forum though i am sure others will come on and give advice

good luck

martin

Latest Posts

Top Bottom