JohnSwain

JohnSwain
Maintenance Charges Rip Off !!!!!!
I have just received my bill for maintenance charges for this sitesi: A staggering 1,944 TL until the end of the year (and mine is not a big property), so that would be 4665 TL for the year. With 315 properties on site, not counting, the restaurant and offices, suggests that the overall budget is around 1.5 Million Turkish Lira (£620,000 or 720,000 Euros).

They haven't provided me with budget so I don't know where this money is going. I have also not received a site management plan either so have no idea of what cut the developer has arranged with them as a management fee either.

Time to call in a Judge to kick out the manager appointed by the developer me thinks!!!!!!!!!!

The site manager is CLC or Club La Costa who are based in Spain.

Oh yes and as a final kick in the kahunas they also have the cheek to charge 6.5 TL for a small beer and 25 TL for a kebab, so it looks like the shop on the sitesi next door will be getting a very large number of customers stocking up with beer and kebabs for their bar-b-ques.

Anyone companies out there wanting to bid for site management you may wish to visit the site and start working on your REALISTIC bids as i'm sure a tender will be coming out in the near future.

carolk

R.I.P
Wow!! John thats terrible. I believe you are entitled to a breakdown of those costs so don't pay a penny until you get it!!

Stand together, make sure you have all your ducks in a row legally and get rid of them.

bobthenob

Non Active Member
l know l am going to get knock for this,but this is my thinking why the charge is so high.
The amount of times l hear of complexes sitesi's and Koops charging extortionate fees for each individual person.ls it mainly the foriegners they target or is it everyone on the site that have to pay these prices.

l have noticed from others on these sites,the Turkish seem to get away with not paying and the foriegners are hounded with threats until they pay up.Housing sites and complexes in Turkey gives me the image of a dictorative regime,where the management can do what they like with their made up oppressed policies to leech you dry,without any restrictions from the system.

l have always preferred living in a private property,because of the freedom and without any worries from these criminalized practices they force on you.

These sites should be investigated and brought to justice.What they are doing is abusing their power on the site to steal from the owners.The papers would be interested in printing a story about these ripped off sites and complexes,if enough people get together and tell their story with the evidence as well to strengthen the case,l do think this will change the way they run communities for the better and a lot more fairer

Last edited:

CJD

I dont think you'll have any chance of changing the site management
Club La Costa is a very large operation Spanish/English and this is how
they make their money! I think you will find that they own all the facilities
and grounds and as such have total control. They are a very slick operation
in the past they have concentrated mainly on timeshare

quote from their website
To maxmise any returns on investment it is essential that you do your research. Working with a known and trusted Property Investment Company, such as
CLC Estates, will significantly lower the potential risks and help you to avoid the pitfalls.

JohnSwain

JohnSwain
CJD,

CLC have bought (or may even rent) about a third of the properties on the site for their timeshare business. Myself as an owner bought off plan 2 years ago and CLC have only just been appointed the site managers by the developer.

My TAPU clearly states the land share that I have of the overall site size, therefore they definitely do not own the grounds the property owners do and these are the communal areas which we have to pay the fees for.

The I know there is choice out there of decent Turkish owned companies who will not rip us off, keep any modest profit in the country and assist the economy.

There are already 15,000 unsold properties in the area and without the owners fighting for their rights and working with the local community they will remain empty as bad publicity drives away the investment and the repeat tourists.

CJD

Sorry John, it does state on their website that they are selling properties there
from £95,000 so I thought they owed the site, if you can get more than 50%
votes at the next site meeting you stand a chance of voting a good maintenace company in, shouldnt be to difficult with those charges:)

JohnSwain

JohnSwain
CJD, no probs, Yeah CLC are selling as well under their Prime Overseas brand which has been in Turkey for a few years but act as an introductory agent to developrers. I went straight to the developer myself.
John

mekenon

Hi all,
I would have thought that they would not ask for any maintenance charge as the site is so late to be completed and the management let all owners down. They should be paying compensation instead. What a cheek !!!

janster

:ukflag:Hi jan here
Good luck as to when it comes to money Artev are totaly ruthless, as we know to well.
My husbandhas lost his job as the end of last year and we have been unabel to carry on with the purchease on the site zeus.We have been threatend by them they are holding our money to ransom carry on or lose te money.
There contracts are useless and not leagel.
We re haveing a right fight with them if you want then if you can get all the people to get i touch with the IAPP and complaine to them.
best of luck jan graham

Peregrine

You can actually go to court to reduce the voting share of the majority owner on the basis it give unfair control. This was successfully done by myself in Bodrum court and only cost me 50YTL

tell us more!

or offer your sevices to John and the others for a small fee

PASH

To be fair it was my lawyer that did this for me but the court expense was only 50YTL, god knows what he charged as he seems to be on a 5 year retainer at the moment!. We had arguments on the site because we were convinced the builder was not paying his share, so we asked to see the accounts and they were quickly doctored to show his input but we know that he was not paying and would not allow us with his majority to employ another mintenance company. My lawyer went to court and reduced his share from 6 votes of 16 down to 3 votes. This allowed us to move forward for the good of the site and not for the good of the builders pocket!

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
my understanding is that no one individual can proxy more than 3 votes including their own at an agm - might be wrong but thats what we were told at our last agm.

martin

PASH

Thats right if they are proxy votes cast for people not attending but if the builder attends, he can cast a vote for all his properties

OWENA

But they can only have a third of the votes for their properties

PASH

They are only allowed a maximum of 1/3 share of the votes but on a sitesi of 15 and he owns 5 units, he can still cast 5 votes which is why we went to have his share reduced as we could not achieve a majority.

Hi All,
Long time since I used this site, but as an owner at Apollonium Spa I recognise the comments being made regarding the site management charges.
The story from CLC is that the first bills are high due to the extra landscaping that was needed as a result of Artev failure to properly grass the site..This is a fair acreage in view of the 350 properties on site. Also CLC insisted on a higher level of landscaping including bigger plants etc. for the areas around the CLC timeshares.
Needless to say such problems are between CLC and Artev and we will not be paying for their failures.
The site opened on the 1/8 and the quality of the facilities is excellent, however the prices in the restaurant and bar are ridiculous, and most visitors and owners are voting with their feet for eating out and drinks, and the local shop is doing a roaring trade. Eventually it will dawn on them that they would be better leasing out the restarant and bar to locals.
CLC have no experience of dealing with an owners community, and the Apollonium Owners Association has gone through the management plan and will be having discussions with CLC to put matters right.
At the end of the day the owners are in the majority and when the AGM comes up CLC risk loosing control of the community sitesi to another provider. (Yes Mr.Fletcher please note).
To join the owners association go to groups.google.com/apollonium-owners-association? Contact GaynorC. giving your property reference and number and date purchased along with contact details. This is an invitation members only site for owners.
There are always initial problems with setting up communities like Apollonium and we will not let it distract us from the fact that it is a top line seafront site with 5* facilities.
Regards to all,
Troutfisher

BADGERSX

Hi Troutfisher. We own Adonis 52. I have read all the negatives and at last found your very well set out argument. The site to me has great potential. There are going to be many teething problems and it may take 2 years to get the site to what we want. One of which is the Jacuzzi situation. You may know already that when we were there in October the they will be installing a new filtration plant to sort out the water problem so it does not cause damage to the equipment. This is going to cost 80K not sure if this is £ $ TL or Euro. We have been asked to make a written report to CLC of our critisisms and suggestions to improve the site. I think that whilst the fees need to be contained in the long term a company with the profile of CLC will be the best to add capital value to our investment and take it forward to give as a relevent income. Will join the apollonium owners club. Badgers Crossing.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom