jimbo1

mahmutlar
hi all after reading thread on apt prices was a bit concerned about replys running down mahmutlar my wife and i are staying in gold sun 1 apartments for a month in september thinking mahmutlar looked a lovely area having read these posts i am a bit concerned any info would be appreciated

mahmutlar
hello Jim..stop worrying .Mahmutlar is fine for a holiday..i just feel its over priced when buying there.
im sure you will have a wonderful time and September is the best month.

gerald

mahmutlar
hi all after reading thread on apt prices was a bit concerned about replys running down mahmutlar my wife and i are staying in gold sun 1 apartments for a month in september thinking mahmutlar looked a lovely area having read these posts i am a bit concerned any info would be appreciated

Jimbo, I visited again last month and the place is still great. I think Mahmutlar has a very European feel with lovely wide streets and very pleasant people. If you want hustle and bustle it's just down the road in Alanya

L

les&Tasha

mahmutlar
Jim,

Mahmutler is fine for a holiday. We visit regularly - some good restaurents, great small resort feel. The basic problem is far too many apartments have been built for the foreign market. There are several developments which will never be finished and dozens more which are in serious trouble. Even if no new developments are started it will take years to absorb all these unsold apartments.

I would be VERY careful buying into this market. You need to do your homework and buy into one of the better blocks. Prices are UNCERTAIN. What is an apartment worth when there is such a massive oversupply? If you buy you will have problems reselling. Mahmutler is not an investment area. On the other hand if you are savvy you can pick up a bargain and enjoy holidays or living in Turkey.

hovis

mahmutlar
Hi all i'm a new member to the forum, I live in South Africa and will be visiting Turkey from %th Ocr to 19th Oct will be staying Alanya-Oba area, any info regarding this area and what the weather is like during October will be most welcome.

mahmutlar
Hi welcome to the forum, Alanya is a large city but with the added bonus of also being a holiday resort so you get the best of both really, weather wise October is lovely and warm, t-shirt and shorts without the intense heat so great for site seeing, but can get a bit chilly in the evening, so bring something warm, also you can get the odd thunder storm which are quite dramatic and great to watch.

I'm sure someone else will be along with something else to add soon, have a good holiday.

Jane

mahmutlar
Hi Hovis welcome to the forum
i live in Tosmur which is next door to Oba in fact you can hardly tell which is which nowadays.
Oba is a great place to stay or live, some nice restaurants and with easy access to the beach. Alanya centre is about 10 minutes by bus or you can walk there its an easy walk(for some..not for me) the beach road is lovely flat and with places to sit and relax all the way along into the town.
the weather in October is generally good, hopefully you might see a drop of rain as by October we are looking forward to a cooling shower.

MISSC2000

mahmutlar
Hi, I have an apartment in Mahmutlar and I really like the place - my friends and family usually stay there. My friends are in their 20s and 30s and well travelled and they loved Mahmutlar. Its not the hustle and bustle of Alanya but locals are friendlyand always make you feel welcome. Everytime I go back it gets better due to the improvements they are continuing to do. I guess for a holiday its a good place to chill and relax and at your own pace. Yes there is over some over development but hey that does not affect me I face out onto the sea.
I have to say in the two years i have been going to Mahmutlar Ive never come across one english person Where are you all !! and the only place I have travelled in the world where I have been bitten by the Mosquitoes Have a great time

C

gerald

mahmutlar
and the only place I have travelled in the world where I have been bitten by the Mosquitoes Have a great time
C

I assume you meant haven't been bitten by mosquitoes, at least they have never troubled me. I have noticed on previous visits that the council spray all the drains to keep them under control. I too am impressed with the improvements, especially the outdoor gym by the traffic lights.

hovis

mahmutlar
Thank you all for the info, sounds good, looking forward to the holiday,and will look at property to buy close to alanya while we are there,so nny advise would be most welcome. How does one get from antalya airport to alanya is there a taxi or bus service and should this be arranged in advance?

gerald

mahmutlar
Thank you all for the info, sounds good, looking forward to the holiday,and will look at property to buy close to alanya while we are there,so nny advise would be most welcome. How does one get from antalya airport to alanya is there a taxi or bus service and should this be arranged in advance?

Hi Hovis,
Although you can get to Alanya by bus from the airport it is not particularly convenient. Most people I know either pick up a hire car at the airport or pre book an airport collection (this is much cheaper than using an airport taxi). Airport pickups were recently discussed in this thread, expect to pay about 60-70 euro door to door each way.

I generally have no need of a car when in Mahmutlar as the public transport is so convenient so normally I only do a day car hire maybe once in a fortnight visit. Of course you will get a better rate if you take a longer term hire so factor that into your cost, the drive from the airport is straight forward and takes about 90 mins.

If you are house hunting then the various agents will usually pick you up to view properties. There is plenty of advice on here on wha to look out for.

We love our place, hope you find what you want.

Last edited:

Topcatcbr

mahmutlar
Mahmutlar is full of us irish. It is close enough to go into alanya for a night out but far enough to leave it behind when you want a bit of peace from the market hustlers. You dont have that problem in mahmutlar.

val2661

mahmutlar
Hi

You can get a shuttle bus from the airport to your resort. Try transfer4cheap or A2B. Cost to Mahmutler should be less than £15 per person one way. I am sure you will really like Mahmutler as it is within easy reach of Alanya and the bus service is excellent.

Val

hovis

mahmutlar
Thanks topcatvbr, Will have a look at mahmutlar when we are out in October, full of Irish sounds good to me.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom