jane2005

Can't get enough
Lynnmcl is a star.
I would like everyone to know what a star Lynn is. She came to Kus bearing fresh ginger and Bird's Eye chillies for me. They are impossible to buy here. She wanted nothing in return. I would just like to say a big big Thank You to her. Thank you Lynn, I know we didn't get chance for a drink and a natter, but maybe next time. Thank you.

puma

Lynnmcl is a star.
it's great when you have someone who will bring over the things you miss i always take something over for the neighbours,i know it helps them and like lynn i would not dream of taking anything in return
oh maybe only my garden to be watered

sparrow

Nadine in disguise
Lynnmcl is a star.
jane2005 said:
I would like everyone to know what a star Lynn is. She came to Kus bearing fresh ginger and Bird's Eye chillies for me. They are impossible to buy here. She wanted nothing in return. I would just like to say a big big Thank You to her. Thank you Lynn, I know we didn't get chance for a drink and a natter, but maybe next time. Thank you.

??? What are Bird's Eye Chillies ???

Mushtaq

Founding Member
Lynnmcl is a star.
Birds eye chillies are small red bullet shaped chillies with a tremendous kick. Use in Thai cooking predominantly. About 250,000 on the Scoville scale (pretty hot)

istockphoto_321978_birds_eye_chillies.jpg

Very nice in curries, I tend to keep a stock of them in the freezer.

madturkishcow

LİVİNG İN PARADİSE
Lynnmcl is a star.
Ooooh stars now let me see......
Theres Lynda who bought me oxos,some books and other goodies, Carolyn who grabs bottles of JD at the airport for me, drags whatever is needed out - usally Corned Beef, Salad cream or a shopping list. Jeanne who very kindly finds a way to get Milky ways to me, likewise JCR :) and all those wonderful people who always manage to squeeze something in their luggage for lickle ole me.... I love you all. :blowkiss:

mkc

lynnmcl

Lynnmcl is a star.
jane2005 said:

For goodness sake Jane now you made me blush, been called many things, but never anything as nice as a STAR. Only happy I could help,
Will deff catch up and have that drink in October with you.

Love from a very :embarasse Lynnmcl

kusturk

Lynnmcl is a star.
hi jane,we bought our apart' in ladies beach 2 years ago and are slowly spending more time there but are desperately still searching for a really good tuskish restaurant we have found one the "kope kale" [i think] near the archway up the road from the caravaseri near that burger place also we are still looking for a good butcher,any pointers.

lynnmcl

Lynnmcl is a star.
kusturk said:
or lynnmcl !!! or anyone from kus. !!!

Hi Kusturk,

If you are interested there is a butcher shop in centrum up by the Bora & Nilay hotel that sells all kinds of meat including pork, he gets his supplies from Istanbul apparently. Think he is a little more expensive though.
As for good Turkish restaurants, have you tried the bazaar in the old part of town, there are a few down there that I know of, sorry I can't be more specific about names etc.

Hope this helps.

Lynn.

kusturk

Lynnmcl is a star.
Thanks Very Much Lynn, I Think I Know The Butcher,sorry But By Old Part Of Town, Do You Mean Up The Top Of The Hill,behind The Bazaar,or The Lower Part Where All The Small Bars,are ? [i Mean If You Walked Up From Sea Front Where The Liners Come In]that Probably Does'nt Make Much Sense Does It?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom