Saoirse

Loyalty to Turkish airlines
Indeed I do

My whole family are very proud of my great uncle a pilot who completed 124 bombing runs and survived the Battle of Britain

Yes there will always be a special place in our hearts for Oberleutnant Gunther Rademacher Von Saoirse

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Indeed I do

My whole family are very proud of my great uncle a pilot who completed 124 bombing runs and survived the Battle of Britain

Yes there will always be a special place in our hearts for Oberleutnant Gunther Rademacher Von Saoirse

:77wu: love it.

Freedom 49

No fun if it's too easy!
I think we should make an effort to support airlines in Turkey. i have just booked my next flight. I hope that they will let me sit next to the pilot.

Turkish female pilots become social media phenomena

Your request made me smile.
How would you have liked to sit in an open cockpit with Turkey's 1st Female Fighter Pilot?

Mustafa Kemal's adopted daughter Sabiha Gökçen, qualified at the age of 23 as Turkey's 1st Female Combat Fighter Pilot.
She trained both men and women pilots for The Turkish Airforce until well into the 50's and retired from flying full-time in the 1960's.

I moved out of Britain to live in Turkey late 1996 and I remember her funeral in 2001. She would have been in her late 80's then but of course, her memory lives on. Sabiha Gökçen Airport, Istanbul.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Your request made me smile.
How would you have liked to sit in an open cockpit with Turkey's 1st Female Fighter Pilot?

Mustafa Kemal's adopted daughter Sabiha Gökçen, qualified at the age of 23 as Turkey's 1st Female Combat Fighter Pilot.
She trained both men and women pilots for The Turkish Airforce until well into the 50's and retired from flying full-time in the 1960's.

I moved out of Britain to live in Turkey late 1996 and I remember her funeral in 2001. She would have been in her late 80's then but of course, her memory lives on. Sabiha Gökçen Airport, Istanbul.

I'd have been honoured, I wonder how many female fighter pilots Turkey has now.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Lady pilots? Bwaaa!

They’re OK at parking but have you seen them trying to reverse?

evo80

Now why did they not name a A/Port after a Goering ,[ a decorated WW1 fighter pilot ].?

ahmed226

I wanted to book with them but they want a silly amount like £1600-2000. lowest fare I found was £1300. still too high

ahmed226

does anyone know much about their miles and smiles program, like what can I do with 5000 points?

oldfogy

Just passing through
what can I do with 5000 points?
5,000 points = 5,000.00 TL so you can Use the points to pay for anything up-to that value, the option to use points is given at some point during the booking and paying process.

Last edited:

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
does anyone know much about their miles and smiles program, like what can I do with 5000 points?

You can also redeem them for goods bought in their online shop. I had some about to run out last year and got myself a kettle.

Freedom 49

No fun if it's too easy!
5,000 points = 5,000.00 TL so you can Use the points to pay for anything up-to that value, the option to use points is given at some point during the booking and paying process.

Not really oldfogy.

I've just booked my return flights for March, Antalya-Kathmandu return by cashing in 20,000 Air Miles due to expire by end of 2018.

The flights are listed at 3,744T.L. and I'm more than pleased at not having to pay the £715 that I would have had to pay if I'd not been part of Miles and Smiles.

I love THY. Meals, choice of seat, 30k luggage + hand luggage all included. :hippie:

Hilsjw

Just booked with Turkish Airlines from Gatwick to Izmir out in May/back in June with a short stop over in Istanbul for £298.57. return for the two of us. Much cheaper than direct to Bodrum (which we would have preferred) but the return times from Bodrum were extremely early in the morning. Very happy with our booking.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Just booked with Turkish Airlines from Gatwick to Izmir out in May/back in June with a short stop over in Istanbul for £298.57. return for the two of us. Much cheaper than direct to Bodrum (which we would have preferred) but the return times from Bodrum were extremely early in the morning. Very happy with our booking.

Sounds like an excuse to have a fish lunch at lake Bafa to me. Enjoy!

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
I think about 3 years, it will tell you on your statement how many will expire 31st Dec 2018 etc, those are the ones that you need to cash in.

oldfogy

Just passing through
Pegasus fly direct to Izmir on a Saturday, just the one flight of the day and always at the TOP of the list when searching so very easy to miss it and lets face it's only a extra 15 minute and £2.50 transfer time and shuttle cost

EDIT
Sometimes in the summer they have also been known to fly direct on a couple of weekdays.

ahmed226

I think about 3 years, it will tell you on your statement how many will expire 31st Dec 2018 etc, those are the ones that you need to cash in.

ok. also is my wife allowed to claim airmiles, even though it was on a booking that I paid for and already claimed airmiles?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom