Low price on Tapu - how to fix?
I have received my Tapu with the stated sold price considerably lower than what we paid for.
As we felt underpressure and was only there for a week we signed and then questioned it after. My builder told me that he just gives the selling figures to the Tapu Office and they make the calculations into Lira and then this is what is on the Tapu. (As we also paid 1% tax fee on the original price in Sterling). When I asked for this amount back from my builder he stated this is what he gives over to the Tapu Office and he does not have it.

I have since found out that in doing this there will be a fine plus interest of 25%.

I will be going to the Tapu Office and asking about this as somebody is obviously making a lot of money through the tax charges we pay.

If I bring this up will I be liable to the fine or my builder?

Thanks for your help.
I hope I have made my issue clear.

I hope I have put it in the correct thread.

gipsybabe

Hi,
Tell him you will be going to the Tax office. Apparently the tax man does not look favourably on this and he will be fined for tax evasion.
S

celtic

Why is there not a desk at the tax office with an english/dutch/german, whatever, speaker who can look through a foreigners situation and help them pay the correct tax on their property?

There is clearly a willingness for foreign property owners to do so and it just has to be in the best interests of the local tax office/community for this to be done.

English speaker servants in the tax office? CrashTester, it's difficult even to find Turkish speaking ones at tax offices who care about helping the tax payers, how dare can you expect to see foreign language speaker ones? :)

No one else than yourself can help you on your transactions at public offices in Turkey. What you need to have is a honest and English speaker follow up man at public offices. This may cost you a little amount but it's definitely recommended by myself not to have such head aches.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Why is there not a desk at the tax office with an english/dutch/german, whatever, speaker who can look through a foreigners situation and help them pay the correct tax on their property?

You'd put half of the official translators out of business ! :lol:

celtic

A lower shown price on the tapu records than the amount that was actually paid can lead into more problems than just being imposed of a 25% extra tax.

In the event of a preemption case that was filed from a 3rd party towards the owner of the property, the suitor will be able to buy the house or villa as comfortably paying the lower price shown on the records.

Be very careful and try to persuade your builder to show the actual price on the tapu records while buying a property in Turkey.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Cem,

Could you explain in short what a "preemption case" is please.

celtic

Cem,

Could you explain in short what a "preemption case" is please.

Preemption may be considered a synonym of "right of priority".

As you know, everyone is free to sign contract/agreement with anyone he/she wishes regarding every subject due to liberty of contract principle.

However, a 3rd party may have a right of priority to sign the contract as restricting the liberty of others. This is particularly come across at property sales as someone may have preemption/priority right to buy it.

Preemption right can be claimed as filing a preemption case towards the buyer. The holder of this right has the right to own the relevant property as paying the charge that the buyer paid to the seller in the contract. And the new charge will be evaluated as getting predicated on the tapu records.

I know sounds very complex but still hope to have been understood enough.

carolk

R.I.P
I told you what happened to me, the tapu office wouldn't entertain me even though I went back in with an interpretor!!

Why don't the government put a tax official into the tapu office who speaks English who, could then ask at the time of signing - 'Is this the amount you paid for the property'?.

Makes more sense than all the other nones sense they come up with to try and stop tax evasion!!

Thanks to you all for the advice and information, the extra questions raised with answers.

I would still like to know that if I report what has happened will I be liable for fines and extra tax charges? (The buyer).

If I can find out for definite that I am not, I will try and get the whole complex to put a case against the architect.

Chalky

Hi Gixer

Why do you think Tax Officials will be coming after you? Why should they?

If the value is lower on the Tapu than you actually paid, then yes, you and the seller have paid less tax than you should have, but why are you worried about it? Are you thinking of selling up?

Hi Gixer

Why do you think Tax Officials will be coming after you? Why should they?

If the value is lower on the Tapu than you actually paid, then yes, you and the seller have paid less tax than you should have, but why are you worried about it? Are you thinking of selling up?

Chalky please see my original post at the beginning of this thread.

zozatky

Gixer sounds like you have made your mind up as to what you are going to do. You have been given good sound advice bearing in mind this is what you asked for to start with by folks who know the system GOOD LUCK...!!!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom