Moggycat

Lost from Computer
I seem to have lost the ability to enter certain sites on my computer which use the same password, I did a defrag and clean up, then things started to go wrong. I have tried a system restore, but the dates available don't go back very far, I'm lost as one of the sites is Genes reunited with all my tree on it. it would take forever to put all the names in again. The login page comes up but when I put in the Email address and password it just goes blank again. Anybody any ideas please?

juco

Lost from Computer
Tis could be a problem with the site and not your pc although the timing after doing a clean up could have caused some issue although it shouldnt. I suspect something else is at play here.
Can you try and access through another PC and see if you get access.
If your password etc is valid I dont understand why you cant access unless you have somehow placed a restricted access on some websites.

Moggycat

Lost from Computer
Thanks Martyn, but I have done that and written to Genes and they sent me a link, the result was just the same, I wasn't able to get in. Have also tried to gain access on another PC to a different site that uses the same password, but not able to access through this one and got in fine, so nothing wrong with login details, it is really puzzling and annoying me.

juco

Lost from Computer
If you got in through another PC then that tends to say something in your PC is preventing access.
Possibly firewall settings?
Did you clean up the registry?

Moggycat

Lost from Computer
Thanks Juco and CrashTester, I'm afraid you've lost me, I really don't know anything about settings etc. I only use the thing, will probably have to enlist the help of the fellow over the road, just thought if it was something really easy I might be able to do it myself. When I did the clean up I just clicked on it and let it do it's job, so I don't know if it cleaned up the registry. Thanks anyway.

Martyn

Lost from Computer
As Juco said it looks like pc specific so try using a different browser as CT suggests and if you have another login to the computer try that(different profile)

Just had a thought. If it is only password specific make sure something hasn't changed on your keyboard/regional setting etc. The password you think you're entering might not be what you think it is. Open up notepad and type your password into there and see if it is correct.

Last edited:

juco

Lost from Computer
Try deleting ALL your cookies.

Go to tools (at top of page)
Then Internet options / General / delete cookies.

At least thats for XP version others should be similar.

Tess

Lost from Computer
I'm on a Mac with firefox etc. Do I need to delete cookies or is it done automatic. Please.

Moggycat

Lost from Computer
Thankyou all, my missing sites are now back on, the firewall was set on very high, I've just lowered it a bit and everything was back in, Great, I love you all. Mxxx

Latest Posts

Top Bottom