Lost - Can You Help?
Excusee! Excusee! I am from a country called Scotland, with many good ball kickers - how do I get to South Africa with other good ball kickers ??

I am now walking toward Forth Bridge........

parrot

Lost - Can You Help?
Let's face it since Kenny Dalglish we haven't had a player worthy of getting us to a world cup,if we got there without him it must have been through default.I am rather glad we didn't make it,maybe I'm being a bit previous but if we still manage to get there that will also be by default,through the grace and favour of some other useless team in our section.
I also don't want to see Scotland there as it was a political decision to have the finals in South Africa.Why weren't the finals awarded to a country with proven football credentials eg any of the South American countries,England,Germany,Australia anywhere but South Africa and of course Scotland.

Fendouglas

Gangless!
Lost - Can You Help?
I am now walking toward Forth Bridge........

Stop and turn around before you get to the Toll Booth - there's no point in going any further.......unless, of course you want to see some really good ballkickers, in which case travel no further than Newcastle!:hail:

McDHibs

Lost - Can You Help?
Morning Ian

I think my Scottish Football Rules from a previous post are looking more and more acurate the more we play.

For the un-initiated on our forum maybe I should explain Scottish International Football.

Method One (as done by most other footballing nations)

Win the easy games try not and loose the harder ones finish either 1st or 2nd in the league and qualify.

Method One (Scottish football)

Play the easy teams pretend they are suddenly brilliant so if we win we look good and if we loose “well they were quite a good side actually” or “blame Rangers and Celtic for having no youth set up”

Method two

Win against the best teams in the league (France home and away ) loose or draw against the worst (Iran) then sack our manager and appoint someone that no one else wants (apart from Walter Smith who’s arse the door just missed on his way back to Rangers)

Method Three

As Above but if Lapland beat Croatia by four and Belgium beat Italy by nine and we can scrape a draw against Outer Mongolia we can still qualify but “ Outer Mongolia were quite a good side actually” and if bloody Rangers and Celtic had a proper youth set up etc etc.

I rest my case

Mike

Lost - Can You Help?
Your analysis is smack on Mike and I can`t see that changing the Manager will produce any miracles either; I believe that they have Strachan lined up to replace Burley.

I think it`s `Get Real Time` and we should appreciate that we actually are a small nation, consistently punching above our weight. Our expectations have always been high, despite facing impossible odds. Subsequently our high hopes have been dashed by our teams failing to reach their objectives. We lack the skill level and any future academy development will take some time to mature; I dare say that any potential from that source will be poached to sit on the subs bench of some SPL outfit down south.

Let`s just cut our cloth accordingly and get stuck in to the more acceptable challenges of Malta, The Falklands and The Maldives. Use friendly matches against Parkhurst, Strangeways and Barlinnie to toughen up any youngsters with potential; all away games I`m afraid. (lol)

Well that`s my moan finished - until the next game of course.

See you next to the Pie Shed Mike.

Fendouglas

Gangless!
Lost - Can You Help?
It's a great pity but there are plethora of Scottish Players (and Managers for that matter) who have done exceptionally well in the English League, it just seems impossible for the National setup to get enough of them together in one Team to recreate the successes of the past

Lost - Can You Help?
:angel::42:
Stop and turn around before you get to the Toll Booth - there's no point in going any further.......unless, of course you want to see some really good ballkickers, in which case travel no further than Newcastle!:hail:

So where were all the KICKERS last season?To many NBAs I think!!!!!

McDHibs

Lost - Can You Help?
I think you are bang on Ian and unfortunately the more we fail the harder it gets.

It’s all too easy to lure a Scottish player away from the lesser clubs (and unfortunately I count Hibs in that group) as they are happy sitting on the bench or in the reserves on twice or thrice the money they were on playing in the first team every week in Scotland then all they do is lose their edge and fitness and all the work goes down the pan.

1 pie and a Bovril please no sauce.

Mike

Latest Posts

Top Bottom