parrot

Looks like US Killed Taliban hostage
Political point scoring by Cooper on the corpse of this young woman.The Taliban kidnapped her as they have many in the past,the Taliban are responsible for her death.

mrkeith

Yes your right, there is only the kidnappers to blame for her death.

JohnF

Political point scoring by Cooper on the corpse of this young woman.

Strongly agree. Its very much damned if they do and damned if they dont take action. I suspect if the decision had to made by the opposition party, they wouldnt have done much different.

JF

mrkeith

This is what we have come to expect of the US attitude to other peoples opinions, and yes it is the US as they have full command in Afganistan
"Hostage Linda Norgrove's rescuers 'ignored Afghan advice"
Tribal leaders and village elders warned them that the only way to save her was through local dialogue, but even as they tried they bombed local villages in favour of mitilary action
BBC News - Hostage Linda Norgrove's rescuers 'ignored Afghan advice'

Lemonhead

Devil's Advocacy LLC
This is what we have come to expect of the US attitude to other peoples opinions, and yes it is the US as they have full command in Afganistan

You know the old saying; Opinions are like a_ _holes...Everybody has one.

I would assume the list of a-holes is long with some "distinguished" and some "not so distinguished" contributors. How in the world would the US be able to figure out which opinion to listen to and heed the advice? They're all full of s _ it in the end. I live in the US and I can't remember the last time Obama asked for my opinion. What makes people think he should listen to "Ian - the Fish-n-Chips peddlar's" or "Nigel - the cockles eating champ from Norwich's" ideas about troop withdrawl, offensive or defensive tactics, humanitarian aid and so on?

Who is in charge isn't even worth discussing. Let's focus on ending the stupidity. By shear numbers alone the US should be in command. Other countries (or people) should try to get over their bruised egos and get over the fact that they're not running the show. Because some minute little country sends a handful of troops (in proporation to all the troops over there) makes their country eligible to be in charge? On what basis? Say Honduras sends 50 troops, would you feel better if they took control? Including control of the troops from the UK? Good or bad by the US, agree or disagree about the purpose of these wars, that who is in charge is so completely off the radar that it makes me chuckle everytime it's mentioned.

Smiler

Its obviously a terrible tragedy but I don't think in any way you can blame what would have been highly trained US special forces acting under unimaginable stress. The poor lady was virtually doomed the moment she was taken hostage.

mrkeith

You know the old saying; Opinions are like a_ _holes...Everybody has one.

I would assume the list of a-holes is long with some "distinguished" and some "not so distinguished" contributors. How in the world would the US be able to figure out which opinion to listen to and heed the advice? They're all full of s _ it in the end. I live in the US and I can't remember the last time Obama asked for my opinion. What makes people think he should listen to "Ian - the Fish-n-Chips peddlar's" or "Nigel - the cockles eating champ from Norwich's" ideas about troop withdrawl, offensive or defensive tactics, humanitarian aid and so on?

Who is in charge isn't even worth discussing. Let's focus on ending the stupidity. By shear numbers alone the US should be in command. Other countries (or people) should try to get over their bruised egos and get over the fact that they're not running the show. Because some minute little country sends a handful of troops (in proporation to all the troops over there) makes their country eligible to be in charge? On what basis? Say Honduras sends 50 troops, would you feel better if they took control? Including control of the troops from the UK? Good or bad by the US, agree or disagree about the purpose of these wars, that who is in charge is so completely off the radar that it makes me chuckle everytime it's mentioned.

yes the US should, and by shear numbers they should have been out of there years ago along with all the other "minute countries handful of troops". It makes a big difference who is in control and at the moment its the Taliban and Al Quaida!!!!

Last edited:

Lemonhead

Devil's Advocacy LLC
yes the US should, and by shear numbers they should have been out of there years ago along with all the other "minute countries handful of troops". It makes a big difference who is in control and at the moment its the Taliban and Al Quaida!!!!

Al Quaida is everywhere now days. It obvious that the British government has done a bang up job preventing subway bombings and other attacks. Come to think of it, they have a great track record of spreading peace and good will to all of their colonial "subjects" in the past.

IMHO - I think that's a lot of what gets stuck in the craw of so many Limeys now days. Having to take a back seat to other countries at times and not being able to relive the glory days of the GB Empire briuses the ego. Plenty of commentators that conveniently forget their bloody pasts. Throwing stones and preaching holier than though ideology is a much safer path. GB was the greatest offender at certain points of history my friend. Do you think the monarchy listened to the little people? Do you think they even knew what human rights were? How about consideration of civilian casualties? No. Nope, Nada.

Now there's a poll Andy;
A) How many would like to see the clock turned back so the Queen Mother and her subjects could once again rule and bring civilzation to the heathens of the world.
B) Would be happy ruling the remainder of the Euro-trash nations
C) Satisfied with taking back the USA for revenge of their rebelion and humiliation
D) Kicking some Frenchman's butt would make my day

mrkeith

Quote:
"I would assume the list of a-holes is long with some "distinguished" and some "not so distinguished" contributors. How in the world would the US be able to figure out which opinion to listen to and heed the advice? They're all full of s _ it in the end. I live in the US and I can't remember the last time Obama asked for my opinion. What makes people think he should listen to "Ian - the Fish-n-Chips peddlar's" or "Nigel - the cockles eating champ from Norwich's" ideas about troop withdrawl, offensive or defensive tactics, humanitarian aid and so on?"
Lemonhead
Have you any Idea how much sway a village elder or local leader has over what goes on in theses areas?
The fact that you compare them to cockle sellers and fish "n" chip peddlers means you either don;t or you just don't care.
I you haven't done already you can read up and find out but what you will find is that nothing happens without their blessing so when they say we can sort this and force will not work that is what they mean.
I like your little petulant out burst saves me having to reply to it.
Still with any luck the UK forces will be out of there next year as you say such an insignificant amount should make no difference really.
Of course if the British government had listened to the fish "n" chip peddler then Britain would not have been involved in Afgan or Iraq and America could have gone on it's own imperialistic crusade without hinderence from small insignificant countries like Britain.
I like the fact that you bring up a little history, maybe you can enlighten us as to the American treatment of the Indian population of America or are you going to say that it was the British who Slaughtered them and hearded them into areas with no water, and very poor soil, and indeed virtually wiped out a species to try and starve a race to death.
Still as you say we are all entitled to an opinion and like you say again they are like arse holes we all have one just that some air their opinions on forums it's what creates debate, so we can either carry on debating Afgan and the fight against terror or we can start dragging mud out of the pond and slinging it at one another after all there is plenty of it in both ponds.
If you want to talk about why Britain didn't stop the bombing of London Tube stations then open another thread but don't use it as a means of insulting your "limey" allies please.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom