Looking to retire in Alanya, seeking tips
I would be wary of buying anything that is not already built & completely finished. People have lost their money in the past when buying off plan. You are also unable to see the quality of the build.

10+ years ago a developer near us built a villa complex & tried selling them for double the price of all the other villas in the area. He managed to sell a couple, but never finished the swimming pool & the remainder of the villas that never sold been left to rot. To make it even worse, someone built an ugly compound for hotel staff right next to it. The people that brought have got villas now worth next to nothing & virtually impossible to sell.

The Villa complex next to us is nice & has a huge Turkish Bath & some units for shops. The Turkish Bath has never been used & the shops have only occasionally been rented & end up closing again after 6 months.

I would suggest that you look online & see what you can get for your budget, then before you head to Turkey contact some agents & do lots of viewings.

I actually purchased quite quickly, as at the time the property prices were rising very quickly. I ended up coming out in the May half term school holiday, so could only stop for a week. I booked viewings with 4 different Agents in different areas & viewed about 20 properties, most of which I had seen online. Out of those, there were only 2 which I considered buying. One of those actually stuck the price up when I went for a second viewing. The Agent wasn't happy, but said that there was nothing that she could do. I decided in the end to go for the other property. That was 16 years ago.

The Agent that I purchased through was lovely, German lady who had married a Turk. Unfortunately, she died young from cancer & her business died with her.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
You don't use a/c in winter. Or are you taking summer? We never use a/c in summer only ceiling fans.
We don't need a/c in summer, only had fans on twice. At the moment we have 2 danish log burners on, and snow outside. The huskies are happily lying on the ice!

shash

shash
Just to add that I was mortified to see Mahmutlas high rise blocks everywhere. Blocking light as they were so close together. Look out your window to someone else's window. I personally would not entertain this area for this reason plus I don't speak Russian so it's a no no.
You must go back and check all the areas out because so much has changed you would barely recognize it.

Kanga

Does it have to be Alanya? so many other lovely places to choose from, why not rent for a year or just take a big comfy camper van and wander around. You'll know when you've found the right place.
We had been in Datca for 3 days with no intention of buying anything when we bought an apartment. We had it for about 14 years.

sligogent

Just to add that I was mortified to see Mahmutlas high rise blocks everywhere. Blocking light as they were so close together. Look out your window to someone else's window. I personally would not entertain this area for this reason plus I don't speak Russian so it's a no no.
You must go back and check all the areas out because so much has changed you would barely recognize it.
If Mahmultar is getting built what is Oba like, It did give a bit concern with all new Builds on net and the New con paying by instalements, I will take your views on board

sligogent

Does it have to be Alanya? so many other lovely places to choose from, why not rent for a year or just take a big comfy camper van and wander around. You'll know when you've found the right place.
We had been in Datca for 3 days with no intention of buying anything when we bought an apartment. We had it for about 14 years.
You have given me food for taught, as outlined in other messages too many High Rise apartment blocks, I would not to spend my days chilling out in Concrete Jungle, no intentions of doing that , want to look out at some nice Scenery, not looking into someone Kitchen, no disrespect to neighbours, Thanks for your input, it has reigestered with me

Latest Posts

Top Bottom