looking to buy
am interested in buying villa - apartment in turkey. living in cork i would prefer somewere i can get to, ie bodrum area [direct flights from cork in summer] i am looking for a property we can use for holidays, and rent out fairly easily. my son is 4 years old so want someware his little legs can get to the beach, [not dad carry me!] presumably close to the beach will also make resale easier in years to come. have looked in egypt & spain, turkey seems better value for my £70000 budget. bodrum peninsula dosen,t seem to have many sandy beaches, more rocky, like the look of akbuk. any advice appreciated. thanks laurence

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
looking to buy
Welcome Laurence, well the world is your Lobster, lol with 70k in your budget. We love the Bodrum Peninsula, we own an apartment in the Yalikavak/Gumusluk area called Gumuskaya, it is all that we want for our holidays for now, longer term, is a different want for us there. There are many beautiful little beaches and many little coves along the coast. Also there are many friends here who live and holidays in Akbuk, having not been there myself I cannot comment, but take a good look around on members properties for sale, there are lots and you have the ace card here with your funds. Just take your time, don't rush into anything and like many have done before research your want fully. Enjoy and looking forward hearing about your progress.

jewel

looking to buy
Laurence your £70,000 budget will go far in Turkey but please be carefull who you buy from !!! good advise is to buy a resale from someone who has their Tapu and habitation certificate in place.There are lots of such resales and the beauty of buying this way is peace of mind and usually it is already kitted out ready for ocupation. My villa is in Altinkum but Akbuk is a lovely place quieter than Altinkum but I really like it. jewel x

thingthong

looking to buy
Hi
There is no easy way to rent your property should you buy one
the only people who will tell you that its easy to rent your property,will be the person trying to sell you your new property.
Its best to buy with no reliance on rentals and should the rentals come along then its an added bonus
So dont believe everything in the sales pitch and you wont go far wrong
thy go 5 days a week from dublin to turkey during winter,sorry turkish airlines ....

Lyndsey

Kalın deriliyimdir
looking to buy
Welcome to the forum! My parents live in a villa on the bay of Akbuk with nothing infront of them but the beach. Beautiful place...don't be seduced by a good view on a steep hill (small mountain) lol. Your budget is more than enough for a good property with what you want. Don't be pushed into spending it all :)

val2661

looking to buy
Good advice given so far Laurence. Can only second the opinion of buying re-sale. I would also advise looking at the annual maintenance/aydet charges - some can be very, very expensive. Have you thought about Alanya area? All year round flights from UK and Ireland and some of the most beautiful beaches in Turkey. Good luck with your seach.

Val

janA

looking to buy
If you are looking for safe sandy beach area, its a closely guarded secret but have you looked at the Gokova peninsula/Akyaka area. Hour and half from Bodrum and 45 mins to Dalaman

neutral

looking to buy
Best of luck with your search Cork it's a buyer's market at the moment take your time and certainly check out the second hand market and please please make sure the Tapu and paper work is correct on the property you intend to buy I've sent you a PM.

Cheers,

Dave.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom