Looking for work for this summer
Does any one have any job vacancies ie- holiday rep or airport transfers.
or Villa manager, ref supplied and working permit for this year. thanks Sue

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Does any one have any job vacancies ie- holiday rep or airport transfers.
or Villa manager, ref supplied and working permit for this year. thanks Sue

What area are you looking for ?
And as a matter of interest just how did you get your work permit ?
Cheers :cheer2:

pembelu

shouldnt you contact the flight companies directly- such as thomas cook for example? i thought thats how one finds work legally from the UK and gets paid into your UK account for the summer season? If you reside in Turkey fulltime how can you get a work permit from a UK company?its confusing me. i too would love to hear how you got one...i thought your work permit is only given from the company for whom you will work? or have i misunderstood? this would mean one would have to be employed already to have got the work permit. If only having a work permit ment it would cover all areas of work...is there such a thing for tourism work? who issues such a visa?
wow many questions sorry!

pembelu

so wouldnt that mean she can work every year not just for one as stated?
does citizenship mean you can still only work if you apply for a yearly permit? i didnt understand why she mentioned the year thing above.If having citiznehsip means you can work legally anywhere anytime then thats ideal!
maybe she means tourism season as year.

Chinook

I believe that Thomas Cook had problems a couple of years ago as most of their reps hadn't got work visas. Sunsail also closed their water sports/beach club holiday centre in Turkey last year because they would not increase the percentage of local staff when requested by the Government.

janA

Just had a look just says UK based staff.

read again, 2 friends in Turkey applied and were successfull last year!!!!

along with a November to January drive to recruit new overseas staff (please do not submit applications for overseas positions outside of this period).

Last edited:

Chinook

Jan. Were they Turkish and if not did they have problems getting work permits ?

janA

Jan. Were they Turkish and if not did they have problems getting work permits ?

both english one in her 40s and one in her 50s, not sure if they had problems, never asked them!!. Both worked last summer so everything must have been above board.

gordie

gordie
An English lady from Turgutreis and who has lived here for FİVE years received an order this month, to leave Turkey within seven days, or be deported. She was caught helping at a Restaurant and now has left Turkey. Another condition is that she is not permitted to re-enter Turkey for ONE year !
Be careful !!

booo

Might be wrong but I was under the impression that your employer had to apply for the work permit for you and that it is not transferable to other jobs.

alison09400

An English lady from Turgutreis and who has lived here for FİVE years received an order this month, to leave Turkey within seven days, or be deported. She was caught helping at a Restaurant and now has left Turkey. Another condition is that she is not permitted to re-enter Turkey for ONE year !
Be careful !!

This lady got off lightly as it's usually a ban for 5 years.

Permits must be applied for by your employer and only valid while you are employed by them.

ChrisBobs

Might be wrong but I was under the impression that your employer had to apply for the work permit for you and that it is not transferable to other jobs.

There is listed on the work permit law a provision that someone who had had a work permit continuously for , (not sure on the period) 5 or so years , could apply for a bağmsiz work permit- an independent (of employer) work permit. It exists I know someone who bolted to Ankara and got one when the ink was still wet on the law. Rightly so, since then despite the Law, the interpretation and implementation has been to not give permits easily to anyone

It would be nice to think that spouses of Turkish citizens could get that sort of work permit for the duration of their 3+ years waiting for citizenship.
Then those spouses could actually honour their legal obligation under the Family Law to be equally responsible for the maintenance of the family unit.

Now there is a question for our legal eagle Celtic - could it be argued that the Work Permits process for spouse (at least) is in conflict with the Family Law?

:gulme:

PS very sorry to hear of the lady in Turgutreis- she must be distraught....

Last edited:

pembelu

It would be nice to think that spouses of Turkish citizens could get that sort of work permit for the duration of their 3+ years waiting for citizenship.
Then those spouses could actually honour their legal obligation under the Family Law to be equally responsible for the maintenance of the family unit.

bloody good point indeed...
very interesting..sure as hell wont be reminding my hub of my aparent obligation though!! ;-) i remind him moving here for him was enough hard work for a while!

Last edited by a moderator:

alison09400

Be careful !!

Who reports this people who're working illegally?

Gordie, do you know this woman?

Gail

Turgutreis is a small town and from what people are saying it was NOT a Turk who reported her.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom