OLIVER

Looking for business opportunity
Hi

My friend and I are looking for a business opportunity in Akbuk or Altinkum. We are not looking to buy at this stage. Renting is possible. Open to any suggestions.

Look forward to hearing any ideas.

Peregrine

sorry to seem a pain, but if renting is only a possibility (and you dont want to buy) what other alternative is there that you want to be offered?

presumably you have researched the need for work permits, taxation etc

Last edited by a moderator:

goldmattymiss

goldmattymiss
hi dont want to put the dampers on things ,but as a english family who have done buisness in Turkey for the last 3 years be very very careful.As the previous post said make sure work permits ect are all in place and even then you could still fall foul of unforseen problems ours was the actual building permit our landlord had failed to mention this small detail to us .please just be very careful have u looked at actually just putting your money in the bank wish we had done this but hindsight is a great thing.

nelva

what about the harbour restaurant in akbuk, sure barry the owner would be delighted he is selling not sure whether its the remainder of the lease perioud, but he is advertising in the voices. hope this helps.

OLIVER

Hi,

Thanks for all your comments. It is my intention to move to Turkey & marry my fiance who is Turkish, he has spent nearly the last 2 years here in the UK & we have decided we dont want to stay here.

I also have a friend who is also looking to move to Turkey however since writing my original question it seems likely that I will be moving much sooner than she.

Having an income is not essential but would make all the difference to our standard of living. Also whilst being dependent on 'the family' is not unusual in Turkey it is not what I am used to as someone who has always worked full time in the UK.

Because of the reasons many people have mentioned I am looking for ideas as to what I could do. I am aware of the legal requirements.

Starting a business from scratch is not something I want to attempt at this early stage So looking to work with somebody already established or maybe lease an existing business from someone who can no longer or doesnt want to run it seems like a good idea.

Thanks for all your advice, I do appreciate every ones comments as I realise reponces are from people wanting to help me avoid their mistakes & those they have witnessed others making. I certainly dont want to learn the hard way.

Many Thanks

Latest Posts

Top Bottom