DanielC

Looking at purchasing property in altinkum
Hi all, I'm Dan and I'm 30 yrs of age from the UK, recently have been thinking of investment in Turkey, around altinkum area! With current UK house price's at horrendous costs, buying abroad seems to be a better option at the moment, will probably stay out there a few times a year and also let friends and family stay there.

What is the process of buying in Turkey, is there a minimum deposit, legal documents etc, would be great to know a bit more from someone with experience!

Saoirse

Hi Dan and welcome to the forum

We have numerous articles and a complete section on the subject of buying here in Turkey

Take your time and feel free to come on and ask any queries you may have

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Hi all, I'm Dan and I'm 30 yrs of age from the UK, recently have been thinking of investment in Turkey, around altinkum area! With current UK house price's at horrendous costs, buying abroad seems to be a better option at the moment, will probably stay out there a few times a year and also let friends and family stay there.

What is the process of buying in Turkey, is there a minimum deposit, legal documents etc, would be great to know a bit more from someone with experience!
Welcome and good luck .
Steve

DanielC

Welcome Dan, Most of on here would suggest rent first, to see if you like it before committing your funds. What is your experience with Turkey so far?
I'm not planning on relocating it's an investment property/holiday home, I love turkey and I see it as a very good opportunity to get on the property ladder.

esb1841

Suggest you read this thread as letting friends and family stay is not that simple regardless of payment or not payment

esb1841

If you listen to real estate agents and emlak they will tell you that Turkey is a great place to invest in property in Turkey, they will tell you next year your property will be worth double and the year after than it will be double again. What they don't tell you it will be worth double due to inflation.
Turkey s annual inflation rate at 73.5%
New rules are in place so you have to purchase in Turkish lira and when you sell they buyer has to purchased in Turkish Lira

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Only invest what you are prepared to lose, that advice is from a woman who has spent 44 years in financial services. The last 15 of them advising advisors on investments. Have you got a plan ? Ie what are your expectations on growth, taxation, red tape hindrance, that has already been mentioned. Most people I know buy because they like the place, I don't know anyone who has bought as an investment other than those prepared to take big risks

howardian

Only invest what you are prepared to lose, that advice is from a woman who has spent 44 years in financial services. The last 15 of them advising advisors on investments. Have you got a plan ? Ie what are your expectations on growth, taxation, red tape hindrance, that has already been mentioned. Most people I know buy because they like the place, I don't know anyone who has bought as an investment other than those prepared to take big risks
Hi Dan welcome to the forum .
I have just purchased a property in Altinkum i came over to Altinkum on the 12th May to the 20th to look at property i looked with 2 Emlacks i know and trust as i have dealt with them before . I owned an apartment in Altinkum for 10 years before as a holiday home ,this time i have bought in a residential area as i am relocating full time i move over with my little Dog on the 30th August , i am counting the days down .
some say Altinkum is like Blackpool but with the sun, well that's maybe why i like it so much as i live in Blackpool now .

enoch

Top Poster Of Month
I'm not planning on relocating it's an investment property/holiday home, I love turkey and I see it as a very good opportunity to get on the property ladder.
Remember you loose money on investments also so don't bank on a profit the way things are going.

Mushroom

Dan.

Try before you buy.
Visit by renting and get as much feedback as you can from ex-pats who live there.
That way you will make an informed choice.
If you are happy with what you see and hear, then that's your decision.
If you aren't convinced that it's for you after that, you've just lost the cost of flights and a rental, got a decent sun tan and had a fact finding tour as well.

Kanga

So it's to be an investment. . .
If you rent it out on airbnb or through an agent you will need to be very careful who holds the keys. It's quite common to find large utility bills during vacant winter periods.This also happened during the covid pandemic when owners were unable to visit, and neighbours held the keys. . .
Who will do the cleaning, laundry, garden, meet and greet? Where will you find a reliable handyman to sort out snags at short notice while you are 2000 miles away?
Just asking. . .

SLEEPY

I have driven past the Tinky turn off many many times on my way to Bodrum but I have never ventured over for a look around .
In years gone by we had several members who lived there but most have uped sticks and left ...
Never knew why..
Back in the day the folk in Tinky Town were in constant arguments with the Uzumlu residents (well one ) as to which was the most miserable location.
Could go on and on but that would not help you ...

Latest Posts

Top Bottom