Status
Not open for further replies.
Long suffering wife of Kofteman
Hello all, I am the long suffering wife of Kofteman, and here to put the femail perspective over.
It's quite true about his yorkshires, as he does most of the cooking anyway. I am a "tradeswoman" and am time served painter and decorator and interior designer.
Yes we are enjoying our life here, and esp now the summer is here again after a very wet winter!
I am going to have to paint our house again in the autumn as although it was only done last year, I believe they might have "peed" in the paint. If anybody wants a proper job please say so. What is it here, why do they always have to skimp on stuff, or is it me!! speak soon.

Pennie

Hi Koftewoman, where are you. I know Rachel wants the outside of her villa painted. There may be work for you here. How do you charge compared to the locals? They are sooooooo cheap. We also had our villa done last September.Is it a turkish tradition to water the paint down with wee as ours needs re-painting as well.

:307bt: thats me.......

Obviously it is also down to the quality of the paint, besides "what is done to it before hitting the wall"!! There are some very inferior paints on the market, which will always be preferred by some as they get the repeat work year after year. So the old expression goes "you get what you pay for" and some of these guys get called back often to re-paint and so it actually is not cheaper but more expensive. Houses look great after the painting, but the quality will show through very quickly, as is the case with ours. Obviously I am going to be cheaper here, as the cost of living is lower, however I will not work with inferior materials. If the house is on a sitesi, there may be a colour gu─▒de as to what you can and what you can't, the best thing is to keep within the guidelines but with a superior paint material. Preparation is also vital, as if you just have a dust round and whack it on, again you can expect poor longevity. I am between Kusadasi and Soke, but travelling is ok.

Gail

Hiya koftewoman and welcome to the forum. This is good news! Someone for the garden and someone to help with painting and interior decorating. :) I'm so glad you have found us :)

Andy

Well i missed this intro my appologies :25:

So now it's welcome the wife of mr Kofteman.

Andy

Last edited:
Hello koftewoman

Sent you a private message as we want a decent finish that will last years and good preperation and good quality paint. Look forward to hearing from you. We want our house outside painted and barge boards rubbed down and stained. Also want the lounge painted white and many other jobs. Our garden needs doing etc. As we can only have a week here and there to Turkey we will not have the time to do it ourselves.

Last edited:
Still waiting for a quote after several weeks. Had an email on the 22nd May asking for my details which were all given so a quote could be prepared shortly after. Heard nothing. So I would not recommend these people for work( Koftewoman )s they seem unreliable. No offence but at least they could of said they no longer wanted to do it or something.

Last edited:

tonytg

Wishing on a star
Rachels100 said:
Still waiting for a quote after several weeks. Had an email on the 22nd May asking for my details which were all given so a quote could be prepared shortly after. Heard nothing. So I would not recommend these people for work( Koftewoman )s they seem unreliable. No offence but at least they could of said they no longer wanted to do it or something.

Anybody suprised........

x
Sorry but how do you delete a post that you have brought back to the Edit stage

Go to edit and at the the top of the page it has options to delete :) Gail

This thread is now closed

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom