bickern

Lockdowns in Turkey.
As CV threads are too long to find anything I thought I would start this just for lockdowns in Turkey or associated news regarding lockdowns.

-----------------------------------
Four-day lockdown to be imposed, starting on May 23: Erdoğan.

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan said on May 18 that a four-day lockdown starting on May 23 would be imposed nationwide as part of efforts to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus during the Eid al-Fitr religious holiday.

Speaking after a cabinet meeting, Erdoğan also said schools would not re-open this academic year and education would continue in person in September with the new academic year.

Erdoğan said mosques would begin allowing mass prayers for mid-day and afternoon prayers as of May 29. He said the house arrest period for prisoners who were released as part of coronavirus measures had been extended for two months.

https://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/four-day-lockdown-starting-on-may-23-to-be-imposed-erdogan-154878

ted j

Lockdowns in Turkey.
Considering we have had the donkey and carrot scenario (twice so far)

and no mention of this in today's announcement........not impressed

Considering us oldies (who were virtually on our own Sunday and everybody I saw was wearing a mask), yet today at least 4 (obviously) oldies were merrily toddling along with their shopping carts going to the Monday market, with no masks and kids were playing down the street all afternoon .......not impressed

Considering that it looks like Kath and self will not be going out on our birthdays for the first time EVER and our family will not be coming this year thanks to a bunch of chinese tw@ts.......................****ing fuming

bickern

Lockdowns in Turkey.
President Erdogan made statements after the cabinet meeting today.
Speaking about the NEXT [& hopefully last] curfew, President Erdoğan said,.....
"A FULL CURFEW for all 81 provinces will be imposed from the Saturday 23rd May to Tuesday 26th May inclusive ''.
NO SHOPS WILL BE OPEN FOR THESE 4 DAYS.
It is to be assumed that bread vans will be out again & that bottled water & gas companies will be available to supply their goods from a phone call.
Over 65s ONLY will be allowed out on Sunday May 24 between 2pm and 8pm.
Travel in the remaining 15 provinces where a travel ban already exists has been extended for an extra 15 days.
The provinces are Ankara, Balıkesir, Bursa, Eskişehir, Gaziantep, Istanbul, Izmir, Kayseri, Kocaeli, Konya, Manisa, Sakarya, Samsun, Van and Zonguldak

From FB

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Lockdowns in Turkey.
What is the position on communal lunches in late June? I was considering a meal for neighbours in our apartment block (around 20 people), but somebody raised the point it may not be allowed. What is the opinion of people here?

Ian

Lockdowns in Turkey.
Reports circulating in Turkey tonight state that the almost 9 week lockdown of over 65s will not be lifted as previously suggested on 27 May.

A Facebook post from the Corona Virus Turkey UK Group says...

The Minister of Health has stated it has not been finally decided when the over 65s and those with chronic illnesses will be allowed out of Lockdown.The issue will be discussed next week but expectations are the Lockdown may continue for a while longer. Thoughts are that restrictions may be made a lttlle more flexible but complete freedom is not to be expected in the near future. Decisions will be made shortly after the Bayram period.

Kanga

Lockdowns in Turkey.
I have posted an update tonight on the Foreign & Commonwealth thread about the latest decisions by the Turkish government on entry into Turkey, and the curfew plans.

This information is passed between governments and immediately forwarded to anyone who wants to register for emails and is probably better than relying on social media for information.
You can register to get the same information as I post on here if you go to

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/turkey/email-signup

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Lockdowns in Turkey.
Reports circulating in Turkey tonight state that the almost 9 week lockdown of over 65s will not be lifted as previously suggested on 27 May.

A Facebook post from the Corona Virus Turkey UK Group says...

The Minister of Health has stated it has not been finally decided when the over 65s and those with chronic illnesses will be allowed out of Lockdown.The issue will be discussed next week but expectations are the Lockdown may continue for a while longer. Thoughts are that restrictions may be made a lttlle more flexible but complete freedom is not to be expected in the near future. Decisions will be made shortly after the Bayram period.
I am not a natural law-breaker: it does not sit easily with me. But I am not going to spend the summer under house arrest.

Ian

ted j

Lockdowns in Turkey.
Nothing they are pissed off because the way things are going here they will be on lockdown all summer 2 people have said they have had enough and as soon as they can they will get out

bickern

Lockdowns in Turkey.
But there are lockdowns in the UK forcing grandparents to zoom or whatever if they want to see their grandkids.

Kanga

Lockdowns in Turkey.
Oh diddums!
It's the same in every country that has a reasonably functioning government that has to answer to the voting public at some time.
Yes, we're fed up too, here in Wales, plans spoilt, possibly for the whole year, but if you can't travel, you can't travel, end of. We haven't seen our family since March but we can talk to them.
Try doing this 50 years ago before skype etc. You would actually have to write a letter or use a phone, and that was often a party line. . .anyone remember those?

Why not write a letter, it's a treat to get one these days that isn't either a bill or a sales puff.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom