Lockdown Over..??
Just thought I needed to put this out there.?

OK. I know I live in Bulgaria, but I'm wondering if this is also taking place over the border with you guys. I'm just beginning to think that COVID Complacency is kicking in, now that Vaccine Jabs are now plentiful here for those that want them..?? Many people I know, that want them, have at least had their first Jabs. The Astra Zeneca website quotes 22 DAYS, after the first Vaccine that the serum actually starts to give it's full potentancy, until you get the Second Jab approx 10 weeks later.

My problem is, as of today the 1st of March here, the BG Government is opening up the Bars and Restaurants, for up to a max of 6 people per table..?? With Night Clubs opening up one month later on the 1st of April. My problem is, that most figures concerning COVID/19 are now sadly again, are on the rise. Last month the COVID infections were down to only 6.3% of the population tested, now as of last Friday. That particular figure had risen up to 14.4%. A serious increase for sure. But the BG Govern., says that they have COVID on the Run..??

But many locals and I, believe it is linked to Parliamentary Elections, due to take place on the 4th of April, and of course MONEY..?!?!?

The Black Sea and the Bansko Ski Resorts are desperate to re-open up, and pressure from them is pretty intense, according to the Press.

So, my 2 questions are :-

1). Is this the same situation there in Turkey, regarding the opening up of Bars and Restaurants..??

2). Do you see it for yourself, or do you believe COVID Complacency is starting to Kick In..?? 154249930_3573132629451336_7875705176779304260_n.jpg

Last edited:

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Lockdown Over..??
Here in Turkey it seems (fortunately) that bars and nightclubs will be that last to open up. The government have been quite cunning, they are linking the status of each province not only to the infection rate, but to the number of vaccines delivered. So those who don't want it will be contributing to the continuation of the lock down.

Harem

I've cliqued
Lockdown Over..??
Here in Turkey it seems (fortunately) that bars and nightclubs will be that last to open up. The government have been quite cunning, they are linking the status of each province not only to the infection rate, but to the number of vaccines delivered. So those who don't want it will be contributing to the continuation of the lock down.
Do you have firm evidence of this IA?

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Lockdown Over..??
Absolutely, the missus told me. She can't be sure where she saw it but says she has seen it on several news feeds (smart phone thingy!)...and it is mentioned here:-
'Provinces will be categorized as low, medium, high or very high risk, depending on several factors, including the infection rates and the vaccination process, and they will act accordingly.'

Last edited:

Saoirse

Lockdown Over..??
I certainly wouldn't read it like that
It's not a case of roll out being hampered by refuseniks it's more because of lack of supply

Take the government pledge to inoculate 53m by end of May

Currently they are nearing the end of their current supply and there's a 2 week gap between supplies arriving and being given out

Furthermore the rate per 100k figure they seen to be aiming for is nonsensical

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Lockdown Over..??
A couple of stories in the news, is the reasoning linked ?

Mushroom

Lockdown Over..??
Meanwhile in the UK an eminent Professor who is part of the SAGE committee has said that lockdown might have to move backwards due to the latest variants arriving in the UK.
Not surprised at all.

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Lockdown Over..??
Meanwhile in the UK an eminent Professor who is part of the SAGE committee has said that lockdown might have to move backwards due to the latest variants arriving in the UK.
Not surprised at all.
By all accounts the recent passengers/virus in question came into the UK via flights from Zurich & Paris, not sure if those passengers were in transit or actually stayed in Switzerland & France before travelling onto the UK. Surely they should've/would've been tested and quarantined in those two countries before being allowed to travel onto anywhere, not just the UK?

Kanga

Lockdown Over..??
They would have had to provide a negative test result before being allowed on the plane and committed to 10 days isolation on arrival in UK.
I suspect that the infected people they cannot trace may have given wrong contact details. If deliberately so, this just shows how some selfish individuals can create a problem for everyone.

enoch

Lockdown Over..??
Hope this helps Harem.
low risk curfew is finished .high and very high risk sunday curfew.

Last edited:

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Lockdown Over..??
I don't understand the Turkish lockdown status in Fethiye. Mugla is at the highest (worst) level 4, yet everything seems to be open at normal times, parks are full, kids going to school. Have I missed something?

Ian

enoch

Lockdown Over..??
I don't understand the Turkish lockdown status in Fethiye. Mugla is at the highest (worst) level 4, yet everything seems to be open at normal times, parks are full, kids going to school. Have I missed something?

Ian
In Alanya today is market day it's like a ghost town in our area.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom