Saoirse

Lockdown Blues
Anyone else rapidly reaching suicidal level with the effin boredom this lockdown crap brings

Jeez some of the tv shows I have watched to pass the time I will never admit to viewing and as for non stop eating.......

Another month and I will consider ending it all

Rant over

Lockdown Blues
I keep busy with various projects & have only felt really fed up when we had really cold weather & it was too cold to venture outside.

I have done built a open wardrobe for our coats in my hallway & done lots of decorating. I have now moved onto sorting out all the old photos & labelling them, so that future generations know who all the people are. I have also been adding them to my online family tree.

If you start researching your family history, that passes hours of your time. Sometimes I don't know where the day has gone. I have free access to Ancestry.com via my library card at the moment, so am cracking on with my research & looking for new items about people I have researched in the past.
Last week I found out that a relative that I had found had died in the Netherlands, had actually died in an air crash at Sciphol Airport. I then got onto investigating the incident & another day of my life had disappeared

Saoirse

Lockdown Blues
Trust me
If I feel depressed now researching my family history would easily push me the over the edge

My great grandfather for example knew in advance the exact date and time he would die

Was he a psychic I hear you ask?

No. He knew in advance the date and time of his death cos a judge told him!

Let's leave it there

Now where did I leave that weedkiller

Struggs

Recycled Teenager
Lockdown Blues
I fully sympathize with you Philip, I have felt down now for several weeks, but I don't think mine is due to the lockdown, I am having a lot of problems with Dr.'s & Hospitals, getting appointments, being told that things are hard with this pandemic, I know that and fully appreciate them working during this, but it doesn't bl00dy help if you have health problems that need sorting, also I think this Feb. has been worse due to the cold dismal weather, normally by now, garden and greenhouse have been weeded, some seeds sown, no chance. Take care. Diane

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Lockdown Blues
Not been the best 12 months of my life, had plenty of distractions to deal with and possibly more to come, if I get low I lie in a dark room and dream of the day I can go and get baby's ed chips peas and gravy without wearing a mask.
FB_IMG_1613936857965.jpg

juco

Lockdown Blues
Apart from not being able to fly nothing much has changed for me, in fact if it wasnt for the media I would hardly know about the issues, well maybe in the supermarket. Had a great 2020 summer with very little by way of restrictions. I retired about 10 years ago and life has never been better.

Mushroom

Lockdown Blues
Unlike some of you in Turkey, we are experiencing 'lockdown lite'. Other than hospitality being shut down and non-essential shops, the stay at home mantra isn't preventing anyone from moving about. There are as many cars on the roads as ever, people still congregate, use loopholes in the rules to break them and unless the rule breakers are really stupid, they won't be getting fixed penalties for anything. It's been a bit of a farce and nothing like the first lockdown which actually enjoyed because the weather was enjoyable.
On the current downside, holidays when possible are going to be at silly prices and tradesmen are ripping folk off due to the increased demand for home improvements.

enoch

Lockdown Blues
Unlike some of you in Turkey, we are experiencing 'lockdown lite'. Other than hospitality being shut down and non-essential shops, the stay at home mantra isn't preventing anyone from moving about. There are as many cars on the roads as ever, people still congregate, use loopholes in the rules to break them and unless the rule breakers are really stupid, they won't be getting fixed penalties for anything. It's been a bit of a farce and nothing like the first lockdown which actually enjoyed because the weather was enjoyable.
On the current downside, holidays when possible are going to be at silly prices and tradesmen are ripping folk off due to the increased demand for home improvements.
I don't think the lockdown life will get much better for over 65s any day soon, but I have I am wrong.

Last edited:

Hilsjw

Lockdown Blues
Same here in the U.K. Mushroom - not like the first lock-down, when there was hardly any traffic and people were thoughtful to others. It's just the small shops, bars, restaurants and cafes closed. First lock-down the big Stores only sold food and pharmaceuticals. Now they sell everything, whilst the small shops have been closed for months. e.g. Clinton Cards and other smaller shops were closed but you could buy Christmas cards, wrapping paper and clothing in the Supermarkets. Just shows the power of the Big Boys !

Mushroom

Lockdown Blues
As the small shops have not only shut, but many won't re-open again, the supermarkets have done a roaring trade with profits climbing and no doubt healthy dividends for shareholders.

Camden

Lockdown Blues
Beware guys ..Just been conned out of a meal when lockdown lifts... my partner saw this first on tik tok before me ... and challenged me in a exercise .... no problem I said, as sports my thing .... wrong on this...

shows what you do in lockdown blues...

enoch

Lockdown Blues
Beware guys ..Just been conned out of a meal when lockdown lifts... my partner saw this first on tik tok before me ... and challenged me in a exercise .... no problem I said, as sports my thing .... wrong on this...

shows what you do in lockdown blues...

Just all to do with your back, it used to be on face book the one with the chair. Can you do it?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom