Bibby

Ferretbrain
Live Yoghurt
Sorry if this is a daft question. Is all yoghurt sold in Supermarkets in Turkey live?? If not, can anyone tell me where I can get it? Thanks :love:

Live Yoghurt
Hi Bibby the only ones that are not 'live' are those labelled 'long life'

All yoğurts have an active bacteria ..not harmful and will ferment milk
im presuming you are looking for a culture to make your own yoğurt..?

Bibby

Ferretbrain
Live Yoghurt
No, not making own yoghurt :) But in UK some yoghurts aren't live. In uk the live yoghurts are usually listed as 'live' or 'bio'. Here I wondered, as I eat yoghurt most days and the thought struck me that I might not be getting full benefit if it wasn't live.

How to Select Live Culture Yogurt | eHow.co.uk

Hmm, there's more live yogurt generally available out there in the UK than I thought, unless I am misunderstanding. Anyway, in answer to you asking about me making yoghurt here, I don't feel inclined to, I love the yoghurt I buy so much, LOL. In uk I used to make yoghurt, kefir and kombucha.

Last edited:

Suzszm

Live Yoghurt
i actually am wondering about the aryran - if its 'live' - like how we drink kiefer back in the west...

A89

Live Yoghurt
As we are on the subject of yoghurt, can someone tell me whats the difference in kaymakli, kaymaksiz and tava yoghurts please?

Minajayne

Turgutreis
Live Yoghurt
kaymakli = full fat

kaymaksiz = skimmed

Tava = not sure, but tava is frying pan so maybe yogurt suitable for baking....? Anyone else...?

Reactions: A89

Duke

Live Yoghurt
I always buy 2kilos of live Yoghurt at the local produce markets in Yenishir here in Altinkum its thick & creamy I add a further 3/4 kilo chopped strawberries to it and about 8 - 10 dessertspoonsful Sugar mix & taste Mmmmmmm Delish!!! Try it & you will be hooked!! Dreading when the strawberry season ends lol..
Duke
PS I pay 3:50tyls per kilo for the Yoghurt

Harem

I've cliqued
Live Yoghurt
Homogenized - to treat milk so that the fat droplets are emulsified and the cream does not separate.

raven

Earth Laughs in Flowers..
Live Yoghurt
My Mum in Law makes her own she gets fresh milk and adds a few spoons of shop bought yoghurt for the bacteria and then cooks its. Best yoghurt I have ever had.

Duke I do the same as you though I don't add sugar and I have also been using the fresh peaches and cherries.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom