jane2005

Can't get enough
Limescale.
Can someone tell me if this is true. A friend of mine has been told he cannot use tap water to fill up his pool. Apparently the limescale in tap water can cause skin damage as it heats up in the sunshine. He is having the pool filled with bottled/mineral water. He has someone to coming to estimate the amount of water he will need and give him a price. Has anyone heard of this? Surely this is going to bit a huge cost to pool owners and also is it going to affect our site fees.

Ms Who

aka Kym Ciftci
Limescale.
ROFL - Is thıs a joke!!!!! Gotta be just another scam cos ı know lots of people that fıll up theır pools from theır taps!

lynne

Limescale.
Not sure but could be true about the tap water as here in Bodrum the tap water is highly chlorinated.And our fresh pool water definetly comes in a big lorry.And water is expensive !
Lynne :)

madturkishcow

LİVİNG İN PARADİSE
Limescale.
Have been hearing similar things down here too Jane.
I used to live in Ovacik where the wells for the new villas are situated and the water lorries would constantly be going back and forth 24 hours a day. This year the traffic is a lot less and when I asked one of the drivers he told me that they were no longer using the well water to fill any new pools :der:He did try to explain why but it was totally lost on me and not having a pool anyway........

MKC

jane2005

Can't get enough
Limescale.
We have one of them huge water tank things near us, like a big concrete ball thing on legs. Does anyone know if that's just rain water or mountain water etc.

Pennie

Limescale.
We filled our pool from the well, as it is free, but I was told by an ex-pat who has lived here a while it is cheaper to tanker your water in to fill the pool than off the tap if you are metered.
The chlorine level in the water isn't a particular factor as we add the chemicals everyday to maintain the safety of the water. If the chlorine level is too high tobegin with you can add an alkaline compound.

Limescale.
hi,
i hope this isnt right!
as many of you know i have 2 pools and 2 icemachines filling my 2 pools with bottled water will cost a fortune and magine all that plastic waste..............this no good for the environment.

madturkishcow

LİVİNG İN PARADİSE
Limescale.
Easy one there Bryan....build yourself a poly tunnel :lol: You will be reclycling the plastic and contributing to your table with tasty home grown veggies and tomatos as big as Mushys! :w00t:

mkc

jane2005

Can't get enough
Limescale.
Bryan, do your 2 ice machines make the square cubed ones or the more irregular 'rock salt' ice lumps? Do you use bottled water or well water for your 2 ice machines?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom