Maisie

Lewis Hamilton
Seems to me that there are undercurrents here. I wear quite a bit of jewellery every day. It is just "me". I have objected most strenuously when told by the hospital that I would have to remove my jewellery for certain procedures. Well, they are on a hiding to nothing with my rings (30 - yes really) as they have been on my fingers for so long, most will not now come off. I usually wear nine gold chains with various pendants, lockets etc. I can take these off and will comply. Ditto earrings (two in each ear). I draw the line at a nose stud though. Makes me cringe!

I have heard the same arguments as F1 is now making. Jewellery can become heated in certain circumstances and could, therefore, cause injury. So could driving in F1 anyway.

I like Lewis Hamilton and more power to his elbow. I don't agree that they are trying to find a way to force him to retire as a matter of principle and hope that this will not happen. I remember seeing Max Verstappen when he first came on the F1 scene. It was very obvious that he was going to become world champion one day. But this also is not a reason for Lewis retiring (pique, etc.).

I agree, that if I had his money and life style choices, I might be thinking about retiring whilst still young enough to enjoy life. Lewis has his fingers in many other pies, F1 could become unimportant to him. Pointing to "infringements" of the rules could eventually make him say "sod it - I'm off. Shame though.

Maisie

Mushroom

Lewis Hamilton
The ego is now questioning why 'older' people are being given a platform on social media, which is basically 'ageist.'
Should he be reported for hate crime or is it only racist comments that should be condemned?

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Lewis Hamilton
If the rules state no earrings, then no earings it should be. Or stay at home and throw your toys out of the pram.

Chasey

Lewis Hamilton
Lewis Hamelton is one of the greatest sportsmen the UK has ever produced. His driving skill is, without doubt, a level above the rest along with a few others at the top, but it's his commitment that made him beet everyone including his team mate over and over again.

I find the British attitude of always knocking those at the top to be most odd. We seem to love putting people at the top and then dragging them back down

HOWEVER the jewelry thing is ridiculous. I don't wear any jewelry due to nearly losing a finger thanks to a wedding ring. I agree with the ban on wearing it at work, so I think it sensible to ban jewelry for F1 drivers

As for taking the knee? It pisses me off. Not for any other reason than the Geroge Floyd link. George Floyd was really the last person who should be put forward as a victim. His death was tragic, and the policeman was convicted and IMHO made a scapegoat with the severity of his punishment.

Soooooo many black people murdered by white people for no good reason, why the hell did they have to pick THAT one as an iconic figure for the cause

Chasey

Lewis Hamilton
James Hunt was the last "gentleman's F1 driver" there will ever be. Falling out of his RV with naked girls hanging off him, taking a swig of Dom Perignon and having a quick fag before going out and trouncing the others in a F1 race. He's a legend and the last representative of what young men dreem being in F1 is all about.
I thought he was fantastic, and he lived just down the road from me in Purley. Sadly i never had the guts to knock on his door and tell him so.

F1 is now so clinical. I still like it but don't love it the way i did back in the Hunt Prost Senna and Mansell era.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom