newhorizon

"Light Years Away"
Lewis Hamilton
Well I don't know much about the award then KK.

I'm only interested in this thread not as F1 has suddenly become interesting as we have a British World Champion and Constructors team for the media but I've always followed it throughout the season. Don't really know much about these awards, titles or who the panel is that decides. So be interesting to see what criteria they use.

Already looking forward to next season, and they decided no more double points for last race!

newhorizon

"Light Years Away"
Lewis Hamilton
I never brought politics into this thread & may I suggest you read post 4. my response was to that.

Read it now.

Although British political parties were mentioned in this thread my guess to that would be as the link i.e at the start of this thread subject talked about taxation etc..so depends what angle one wishes to use to support their opinions or views.

I mean this thread in the News section was not ever going to be solely about motor racing was it?

F1 nowadays is political and a risky business with investors pulling in or out at a drop of a hat..look at Marussia Team, with over 200 jobs lost in the U.K.

Spurs

Spurs
Lewis Hamilton
Read it now.

Although British political parties were mentioned in this thread my guess to that would be as the link i.e at the start of this thread subject talked about taxation etc..so depends what angle one wishes to use to support their opinions or views.

I mean this thread in the News section was not ever going to be solely about motor racing was it?

F1 nowadays is political and a risky business with investors pulling in or out at a drop of a hat..look at Marussia Team, with over 200 jobs lost in the U.K.

I suppose if Hamilton had lost it would have been Ukips fault lol.

Maisie

Lewis Hamilton
KK: What is that "impressive" list supposed to show? That the person (who you have left us to guess) has or has not got a personality?

Or you saying that this person has no personality but won all these awards in spite of this?

Maisie

Last edited:

kemerkid

Bystander
Lewis Hamilton
I'm pleased you find it impressive Maisie but I am surprised you didn't google and post it long before me.

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Lewis Hamilton
Nice result despite Vettel trying to crash him out.

Come to think of it, it seems to be a German trait to try to sabotage British drivers. Didn´t we have the same with Shumacher, and that other one last season?

Ian

ps come to think of it, wasn´t there another instance of German aggression against Jacques Villeneuve to stop him winning the title? They should be driving panzers, not F1 cars.

pps don´t mention two world wars!

Last edited:

sgreat

Loveing Life !!
Lewis Hamilton
Hamilton.. Love him or hate him, he's a class act in as far as F1 goes... And as the most successful British Driver in F1 of all time, and lets not forget he's got even more in him.. He is more than well placed for Sport Personality of the year in my book...

Nice one Lewis, I'll be voting for ya!!

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Lewis Hamilton
Cannot see anyone at fault , just racing

Well, I just watched it again (from a few angles), and there is a definite flick of the wrist to put Vettel into Hamilton´s car. As it happens, also listened to Nicky Lauda and Martin Brundle, who also thought it was deliberate. I put it down to the German´s not playing cricket, so they don´t learn sportsmanship and fairplay.

Ian

Mushroom

Lewis Hamilton
A well balanced individual, with chips on each shoulder and now coming to the end of his career, but still arrogant. My hero in all this was the pilot who dumped in his private jets toilet !

Lewis Hamilton
He's achieved, no two ways about that, you don't reach the pinnacle of any sport unless you're 110% committed. I'm not really bothered about his stance on anything other than F1.
If I had his type of wedge & had the choice of Monaco or Birmingham? Mmmmm that's a real tricky one lol
Does he still take the knee? I know the car has gone back to being silver.

esb1841

Lewis Hamilton
Not a huge fan of Lewis but i personally think this is a personal vendetta against him
FIA was shamed into doing something they didn't agree with the early this year
If there wasn't huge media attention race director would have had his wrists slapped and it would have been business as usual

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Lewis Hamilton
We live literally acouple of miles from Mclaren and have quite a few mates that work there , Lewis was enormously popular in the factory , apparently he was just Lewis and a workmate to everyone . They were sad when he left , apparently due to a racist slur from Sir Ron ,who.lives around the corner alongside martin whitmarsh , but not on our estate lol .
Steve

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom