Mushtaq

Founding Member
Let's stop cow factory farms
Cow factory farms would be bad news for cows, for the environment and for other local farmers. Cows would be kept indoors all year and won't even be allowed to eat grass.

We have just a few weeks to stop this factory farm being built. Please spread the word and ask all your friends to sign the petition.

The clock has started ticking! We have just 26 days to stop the US-style cow factory farm being built. The businesses behind the deal have just handed their new planning application to the local council in Lincolnshire. We now need to push the council to reject the mega-dairy plan.

The more signatures we have, the more chance we have of winning so let's spread the word and tell everyone we can. The deadline for the petition is the 11th January - on that day we need to present the council with a sky-high pile of signatures!

Please forward this e-mail to your friends and ask them to sign the petition to stop the Nocton mega-dairy here:
38 Degrees | Let's stop cow factory farms

The businesses behind the factory farm seem to be trying to be clever with their timing. They're worried that if we can alert enough people to sign the petition, it could scupper their plans. So they've put in their application just before Christmas, hoping it will slip through on the quiet.

If we want to stop US-style factory farms being introduced to the UK, we need to make sure this planning application is rejected. If this mega-dairy goes ahead, it will be 30 times bigger than anything the UK has ever seen. It could open the floodgates for more cow factory farms across the country. [1]

You could also tell your friends on Facebook:
Login | Facebook

Or tell your friends on Twitter here:
Twitter

Factory farms like this are bad for cows, bad for climate change and bad for other farmers. The cows will be shut up indoors and not allowed to eat grass. Smaller family dairies in the area could be put out of business. Factory farms rely on imported feed - often this feed is grown on land where rainforest has been chopped down. [2]

We know we make a difference when we speak out against cow factory farming. Our pressure has already persuaded one of the companies involved to drop out and forced the scheme to be scaled back for now. With a big enough petition we can make sure the council kicks out this planning application once and for all. Let's spread the word and stop the cow factory farm plan in its tracks.

Please forward this e-mail and ask your friends to help stop the mega-dairy by signing the petition here:
38 Degrees | Let's stop cow factory farms

Thanks for being involved,

David, Hannah, Johnny, Neeral, Ramzi and the 38 Degrees team

Notes
[1] Consuming Issues: Do we want cheap milk or family farms? - Spend & Save , Money - The Independent

[2] Cows belong in fields - Say no to 'mega dairies'
Friends of the Earth: Fix the Food Chain : Current Campaigns : What We Do

CJD

and we have the audacity to complain about Bayram!!

signed

Harem

I've cliqued
Signed and posted on facebook and passed on by email to those of my friends not on facebook.

Last edited:

Saoirse

I have to admit that I am yet another of the animal rights hypocrites

I abhor cruelty to animals-cats dogs etc -yet happily sit down to a big steak

With the end outcome for the cows being exactly the same are we really helping much by attempting to clear our conscience with worrying how they are treated before they have a bolt rammed into their brain

garrym

Efendi
With the end outcome for the cows being exactly the same are we really helping much by attempting to clear our conscience with worrying how they are treated before they have a bolt rammed into their brain

We are trying to help the quality of life that they do have. Sooner or later we all face the "bolt" but the quality of the life we do have matterts.

Saoirse

We are trying to help the quality of life that they do have. Sooner or later we all face the "bolt" but the quality of the life we do have matterts.

I was unaware that at the prime of their lives humans were systematically put to death

tamus

Factory farms like this are bad for cows, bad for climate change and bad for other farmers. The cows will be shut up indoors and not allowed to eat grass. Smaller family dairies in the area could be put out of business. Factory farms rely on imported feed - often this feed is grown on land where rainforest has been chopped down. [2]

We know we make a difference when we speak out against cow factory farming. Our pressure has already persuaded one of the companies involved to drop out and forced the scheme to be scaled back for now. With a big enough petition we can make sure the council kicks out this planning application once and for all. Let's spread the word and stop the cow factory farm plan in its tracks.

How is it bad for cows, bad for climate change and bad for other farmers - am I supposed to sign something just because you say so?

Cows are shut up for 6 months during winter often in the uk without grass- should you be trying to stop this also, were is their grass?

Factory farms rely on imported feed - most cattle, sheep, pig and poultry farmers rely on imported feed - get a grip & some facts!

Cow factory farms - you mean a "Dairy". Oh it might be a large one but the practices won't be much different to a smaller one or do you wish to explain how it differs.

And if you want to see what a large Dairy is like check out USA, Canada, Austrailia, Saudi Arabia. Don't know what size this is but it won't come near

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
All signed , Its not normal for cows to be deprived of grass . Grazing is what cows do in the daylight . And even though i eat meat i try to get it organic from our local buthcher . the cows there have a lovely big field and are looked after . If people expect the taste to be the same they will be dissapointed .....Diane

Saoirse

I think what some of us are saying is of course if this improves the quality of their very short lives its a good thing-but lets not be naive. They wont be smiling happily on their way to the abbatoir because they had a bit more time in the open air.

SLEEPY

What a load of sheer nonsense! I am with the big man from Belfast on this one and I certainly love my steak and chips.
What next ? why not start a petition to ban the fish farms that are all over the coast of Bodrum, fish have feelings too!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom