Mushtaq

Founding Member
Legal questions
We have lucky to have Cem offering his service to the forum to answer legal questions, we need to make sure his valuable time is spent wisely therefore can I request that people with Legal questions post those in this sub-forum as a separate thread so that the questions can be found and answered quickly.

Things to bear in mind with writing your question;

• Make is concise but with enough information to get the answer
  • Format your query so that it's readable
  • Don't ask questions here that could be answer by other members in General forum.
  • Don't expect full legal service for Free, if you have a difficult problem then you need to see a legal expert, maybe Cem can help but be prepared to pay.
  • We don't want to take advantage of Cem's offer.

Bebelka

Legal questions
At our last AGM we where informed that all foriegn house owners have to re register their titel deeds -Tapu- by November this year or face a heavy fine.
Has anyone els heard of this ,if so ,what is it all about?

Guz1

Legal questions
I don't mean you any offence, Bebelka, but having you been living on another planet?

Bebelka

Legal questions
Just because I do not know the all the Laws in Turkey, does not make me stupid!!!!
It was a genuine question as our managment company told us at our AGM that we had to reregister by November.
I only asked if any one else has been given this information, if so, what is it all about and is the information correct.

Bebelka

Legal questions
Thank you for your reply, The Link was very helpful.
Those present at the AGM where given the wrong information,
which filtered down to those who had not attended.

Valian

Let sleeping dogs lie
Legal questions
Just goes to show that anyone owning a property in Turkey needs to visit TLF regularly in order to keep up to date.....

Guz1

Legal questions
Bebelka: More than likely the information given was correct at that time. The re-registration concerns changing the tapu type from Kat Irtifaki to Kat Mulkiyeti. There was a deadline with fines but it appears that the recent amendment to the law has done away with the fines. Celtic had already answered a similar query to yours and his answer included a very good explanation of the reasons for updating the tapu. Since Celtic is a new member with few posts, the easiest way to find his explanation is to go to his profile page and look through all his posts.

Val: You are so right. Lots of members seem to read only the sections of the forum particular to their own complex or area of Turkey. By doing so they miss out on information posted in other areas that could be equally applicable to them.

Mushtaq

Founding Member
Legal questions
Few people have suggested in the past about having our own legal expert on TLF, I have tried a few times but not been very successful in getting an expert to stay long enough to help.

We now have Cem who spends a lot of his valuable time in answering questions and I think we should say thanks with some donations, so I have setup a separate section for Cem, if you find his posts helpful please say thanks by a donation, it all helps and is an incentive for him to continue to help us.

Direct link to his fund is http://www.turkishliving.com/forums/awc_ds.php?do=donation&id=11 the link can also be found in his signature.

Guz1

Legal questions
Here we go again. I hate raising the vulgar aspect of finance but I like my i’s dotted and my t’s crossed, so can someone please tell me what amount is considered a suitable donation?

Conscious, also, that only a handful of members are likely to donate while the questions and answers are visible to all, I suggest that questions for Cem should be restricted to a separate part of the forum accessible only to those who donate a stipulated amount. The level of donation and the number of questions each participating member is permitted to ask can be determined by Mushtaq in consultation with Cem. There could also be a facility (for a higher donation) whereby those who prefer to ask their questions privately can do so by pm.

Sorry if my suggestions aren’t feasible or just more trouble than they’re worth. I just think that this would be a fairer system.

Mushtaq

Founding Member
Legal questions
The Donation facility is there for people to make voluntry donations as well as payment for services that they want, the Donation name is therefore not entiley accurate, but that's all I can do for the time being.

I set the facility for Cem so that people if they wished could make a payment, and also if they have had private consultation with him via email or PM then they can make payment for that service too, just makes it easier for me to collect any money to pass to him for his efforts.

Unfortunately we are limited by the format and functionality of the forum and can't really turn it into an online legal consultancy, so people should make a payment if they feel they have benefited and want to thank Cem, but it's voluntary. As for what amount is considered appropriate that is also entirely up to the person making the payment.

Cem wants to answer questions on the open forum so that it benefits lot more people. If anyone wants to have private consultation then they will need to contact him via email or PM and get a quote for the service.

Guz1

Legal questions
Thanks Mushtaq. It was just a suggestion. :embarasse

Celtic, I do intend making a donation around the end of the month but I'm still at a loss as to the appropriate amount. Forgive me for being so insensitive........... "How long is a pice of string" springs to mind.:doh:

celtic

Legal questions
It'll be way better if I get asked the questions on the forum and reply them via private messages in return of a reasonable donation.

Not that I care about earning much money, but there are really a few people who are leaving the boards after receiving the answers even without leaving a message for thanking as thinking that they are the most clever ones of the universe. I need to prove that I'm not that stupid to let everyone to take advantage of me easily, don't I?

Ps. Well mannered members like Guz1 are definitely out of these ones whom I've talked about. Apologies all those grateful ones if I made them offended. Everyone must be aware of the quality level of him/herself, after all.

celtic

Legal questions
All legal questions directed towards me will be answered via pm by myself from now on in return of a 10 £ donation made for the Legal Help Desk.

I'm thinking that I should have done this long time ago while looking at the ungrateful and even rude messages(both pm and general) of some members here as if I'm the personal solicitor of them whom they are paying charge and consequently who is responsible for giving a perfect performance anytime they wish.

This will facilitate everything and be more professional, I suppose.

Kind regards.

Last edited:

carolk

R.I.P
Legal questions
I am sorry you feel you have not been treated well on here Cem. Its a shame. I hope we dont loose you!

amber

Legal questions
All legal questions directed towards me will be answered via pm by myself from now on in return of a 10 £ donation made for the Legal Help Desk.

I'm thinking that I should have done this long time ago while looking at the ungrateful and even rude messages(both pm and general) of some members here as if I'm the personal solicitor of them whom they are paying charge and consequently who is responsible for giving a perfect performance anytime they wish.

This will facilitate everything and be more professional, I suppose.

Kind regards.
Merhaba Cem

Please dont go. You are facing the 'curse' of professionals worldwide! People who would not dream of walking into a store and walking out with unpaid for goods do not seem to think twice about 'tapping into' professional advice for free. It is an excellent idea to request a nominal donation, this will most probably weed out the timewasters. The Turkish system is VERY different to what British people are accustomed to. It is wonderful that you are assisting with legal issues for TLF members. On another note, I see you are from Cappadocia - a fantastic place - one I have visited many many times. Cok tessekur ederim.
Amber

celtic

Legal questions
I am sorry you feel you have not been treated well on here Cem. Its a shame. I hope we dont loose you!

I'm very sorry, too, to cause well mannered members -like you- to be sorry, Carol. I don't know whether you can perceive how a disgusting thing it is to feel like getting taken advantage by someone but it really is.

Edit: My special thanks to you, Amber.

Last edited:

Sarahlou

Legal questions
hello Celtic, Do you mind if I send you a pm in relation to my ongoing problems. I know for certain that at least one employee from my builder's company is a member on this forum and if I disclose all my details it will be very easy for them to realise who is posting.
I am making a donation through the forum

many thanks
Tavey

celtic

Legal questions
Hi Tavey,

I view respect towards the private issues of the members and care not to disclose them here on the forum. So you can ask your question by pm, too, as long as making the donation for the legal helpdesk.

Best wishes.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom