giglets

Lee Rigby Murder Trial - Jury Selection Starts
Jury selection has begun in the trial of two men accused of the murder of soldier Lee Rigby.

A panel of potential jurors gathered in oak-pannelled Court Two of the Old Bailey today, and were asked four questions to determine their ability to try the case.

Michael Adebolajo, 28, and Michael Adebowale, 22, are charged with murdering the Fusilier as he walked back to Woolwich Barracks in south-east London on May 22.

They are also each accused of attempting to murder a police officer on the same day, and conspiracy to murder a police officer on or before that day.

Lee Rigby murder trial: The four questions posed to potential jurors in case against Michael Adebolajo and Michael Adebowale - Crime - UK - The Independent

bickern

Throw away the key is my suggestion but the bleeding hearts wont allow it. Where would scumbags be without their rights?

giglets

How long do you think it will take for one, or both of the accused, to start shouting that they don't recognize the Court?

Wonder what their defence is gonna be, anyway?

Irrespective, I reckon it will take the jury about 30 seconds to reach a verdict on the main charge.

If ever there was a case for an instant referendum on the Death Penalty....................

mollag

Kipper restorer
Throw away the key is my suggestion but the bleeding hearts wont allow it. Where would scumbags be without their rights?

Yet another fault of the bleeding hearts, can you indicate which bleeding heart is responsible or is this just a wild guess? [please feel free to refer to the wonderful Daily Mail for an accurate analysis.]

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Lock em up and watch them slowly go insane , it's not the bleeding hearts you need to worry about , it's the politicians and their accountant friends.

Steve.

mollag

Kipper restorer
Maybe, for once, we can let the law take its course without thrashing around , calling of schoolyard names and looking for others to blame, a bit of dignity would be nice.

bickern

Mollag, I am not responsible for your ignorance, get a better education on the justice system. If you are not aware of Human Rights then I suggest you broaden your reading material.

Whole-life jail sentences without any prospect of release amounts to inhuman and degrading treatment of prisoners, the European court of human rights has ruled.

The Strasbourg court has said it is a violation of article 3 of the European convention on human rights, which prohibits inhuman and degrading treatment. "For a life sentence to remain compatible with article 3 there had to be both a possibility of release and a possibility of review."

At the moment we are choosing to ignore ECHR but there is strong feeling that a 25 year review will be re-introduced to sentences of whole life tarrifs.

mollag

Kipper restorer
Hey, blame me, call me names but they havnt concluded the trial yet, are you so impatient to start the blame game? You are though responsible for your own ignorance and lack of decorum and dignity in these matters.

bickern

Mollag, read my post again, then read yours, then wonder why I replied as I did to you.

Which part of it being a suggestion, followed by an observation went over your head? Are you the only one allowed to have opinions? Is no one allowed to express heartfelt emotions around you?

I have heard of arrogance but your stance and replies to a post borders on the incredulous.

Last edited:

mollag

Kipper restorer
Traditionally you wait for a guilty verdict and a sentencing before complaining about the result, then progress to blaming the bleeding hearts and do gooders/ pinkos etc, its not a race, your incredulity of peoples response to your haste says so much more about you.
Let the law take its course.

Reactions: TCJ

bickern

Which part of this being a forum went over your head also?

If you had made a pertinent point of discussion in defence of said bleeding hearts or reasons for not throwing away the key in opposition to my point of view then I would applaud you because that is the purpose of the forum; people can debate an opposing viewpoint in defence of something.

As per my reply, it was probably being sarcastic, but it was as a reply to your sarcastic reply.

Last edited:

mollag

Kipper restorer
I did ask of you who the bleeding hearts you referred to were?, no response to that, perhaps now you can identify them and I will defend them, if appropriate. :hmm: Keep up the personal attacks, they are nearly adequate.

bickern

I think I have made my point to you without responding further after this post, but please don't make a personal attack then try and shift the blame and accuse others of said crime, it is very transparent.

I think it is very obvious who the bleeding hearts are, they are in Strasbourg for one. Read my posts.

I will now go back to topic.

Last edited:

mollag

Kipper restorer
I
I think it is very obvious who the bleeding hearts are, they are in Strasbourg for one. Read my posts.

I will now go back to topic.

What, all of them? I was there last year and never saw a one

Akasya

Postless Pointer
wiki is not the British Library , but this does put the matter into context for me.

Whole life sentences do exist and they do so continuously.

List of prisoners with whole-life tariffs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

An excerpt :

Since the European Court of Human Rights decision, only trial judges and the High Court have had the right to decide that a killer should never be released. In that time, there have been at least 37 instances of trial judges recommending that an offender should never be released.

Two of these killers have already appealed for the High Court to take a different view, but both have so far been unsuccessful. Two others have succeeded in their appeals, while a further three are currently appealing against both their convictions and their sentences. Two such inmates have since died in custody.

Many thanks

Steve.

Spurs

Spurs
I think that on a murder charge there has to be a trial, the accused does not have a "plea option". I only hope that this part of our system does not give this pair the chance to spout off about "justification". I also hope the trial is done by video link, so if they do start screaming Islam, they can be switched off.

giglets

The murder was done with the specific intention of getting as much publicity as possible.

I cannot see the trial being any different.

At least one of these two pieces of filth, will try and milk it for all he is worth.

mollag

Kipper restorer
The irony of it is that they are safer in goal than on the street. Refusal to recognise the court? Nah, that won't work, diminished responsibility? Ditto . It's the rest of their wasted life's in chokey I reckon.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
I hope they do scream , shout and profane , the more people see the sheer malevolence and hatred of some Radical Muslims the better.

It is then harder for the vowed apologists to mouth platitudes from the depth of their ignorance.

Steve.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom