val2661

Leaving turkey with rp???
I go back to the UK frequently, so have never needed to get a residency permit for Turkey. However, when the new 90 day Visa requirement comes into force, I will need to get an Ikamet, as I don't want to spend 90 days away from Turkey. My query is if I get an Ikamet for 6 months at a time, what is the procedure when I leave Turkey for UK? As I won't then have Visa stamps, do you just show the Ikamet and do people ever have any problems? Do I still have to buy a Visa stamp for £10 on entry?

Can someone please explain this in simple forms as I get very confused over this!!!

Val

I go back to the UK frequently, so have never needed to get a residency permit for Turkey. However, when the new 90 day Visa requirement comes into force, I will need to get an Ikamet, as I don't want to spend 90 days away from Turkey. My query is if I get an Ikamet for 6 months at a time, what is the procedure when I leave Turkey for UK? As I won't then have Visa stamps, do you just show the Ikamet and do people ever have any problems? Do I still have to buy a Visa stamp for £10 on entry?

Can someone please explain this in simple forms as I get very confused over this!!!

Val

Val, no, going out and coming in just show your residency permit and your passport (they will want to see the stamps in your passport for coming in and out). I have never had a problem

No problems at all Val...infact a lot easier when returning to Turkey because you dont have to queue for your visa, you just go straight to Passport Control and onto baggage reclaim.

Val, I should have added what Vilabaris1 has written. I once arrived, started to queue in the foreign passports queue, was directed to the Turkish passports queue, the Turkish person behind be started to make a scene because I had not been to the visa queue and the passport officer just waved my residency permit with an amused, wicked smile on his face. I felt great.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom