immac

Senior Member Has-Been
LCD TV Advice
Question to anyone who has bought a LCD TV recently in Turkey: which is best & which to avoid?

I need to upgrade and am looking for something 32" or above. I don´t really want to spend more than 2000TL.

I have access to Which? website in UK, that shows me some to avoid, but home-grown TVs, such as Vestel, are not covered. The Which? Best Buys don´t seem to be available in my area; some, that Which? says don´t touch, are available.

What about mail order of electrical goods - any experience, warranty problems etc.?

Any advice from people with local knowledge (Turkey) will be most welcome.

Ian

butt007

Warren
LCD TV Advice
I bought a Vestal 37inch LCD TV in May 2007 which I had fitted on the wall, it cost me 2400tl but included the sat. dish a goldstar box and all fixtures and fittings and I have been delighted with the picture quality.
We lie back on the couches and it's just like being at the cinema, we do'nt use the box now we have Digiturk it's much,much better.
Warren

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
LCD TV Advice
I have a Vestel 32 LCD TV. Have had it for 4 years now. When I bought it I was extremely impressed with the brightness of the picture and it's quality but have had to spend 400 TL on repairs 9 months ago and I noticed about three month ago the LCD screen itself looks like it's breaking down and I have a large dark area in the center of the screen developing, it's pretty noticable when there background is a light colour. Will look at more well known brand names next time....you get what you pay for.

Biker Bob

saffie

Saffie
LCD TV Advice
I got mine ( a Toshiba) in TeknoSA and have been very pleased with it so far.
It's only a year old though,so am hoping it will last me a good while.

I did find the staff in tekno quite helpful and they seemed to have good choice available.

saffie

M

Mack

LCD TV Advice
I got a 40 inch Sony Bravia Full HD LCD TV from Metro in Antalya for 1600TL (gotta have a card though or know someone with a card) and its awesome, blacks are BLACK, colours are vibrant and its now my computer monitor with a DVI to HDI lead too, home cinema :)

Many friends have bought electronics online in Turkey and the service and support is the same as a shop, they will come and install it, sign off the warranty, send couriers to pick up if faulty etc, from my experience I would say buying online here is as safe as anywhere else. But the Bravia is definitely one of the best LCD TVs Ive seen.

stevecarol

LCD TV Advice
I got a 40 inch Sony Bravia Full HD LCD TV from Metro in Antalya for 1600TL (gotta have a card though or know someone with a card) and its awesome, blacks are BLACK, colours are vibrant and its now my computer monitor with a DVI to HDI lead too, home cinema :)

Many friends have bought electronics online in Turkey and the service and support is the same as a shop, they will come and install it, sign off the warranty, send couriers to pick up if faulty etc, from my experience I would say buying online here is as safe as anywhere else. But the Bravia is definitely one of the best LCD TVs Ive seen.

Wow that is cheap,

M

Mack

LCD TV Advice
Thats the catch, its a B2b (Business to Business) store so you have to register your business with em but the prices are incredibly good.

LCD TV Advice
Bought a 42" vestell lcd last month in Marmaris, 1650ytl. perfect tv & 3 yr guarantee, very pleased even though they didnt deliver it untill 10 at night & then delivery driver turned up with all his family in tow LOL.

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
LCD TV Advice
I got a 40 inch Sony Bravia Full HD LCD TV from Metro in Antalya for 1600TL .

I can´t get close to that price in local shops - cheapest Sony 40" is 2400TL but most are closer to 3000TL. But none carry the name "Bravia".

I think I might go for a Panasonic, only because they all seem to be considered good by Which? - the problem is that none of the product codes match any in the Turkish shops.

Local people tell me to go for Beko rather than Vestel. The only Beko set tested by Which? they say should go in the trash bin.

You certaınly can´t tell anything by looking at them in shops as they all look so smart.

Ian

M

Mack

LCD TV Advice
SHARP are also really good quality LCD TVs if you can find any of those Ian. Ive got a smaller Vestel LCD (32") HD Ready and not impressed with picture, its oversaturated and the contrast isnt that great but as has been said, with most electronics, you get what you pay for.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
LCD TV Advice
Have you checked out BIMEKS.COM they have Sony bravia in you price bracket, depends on the spec you want

martin

gazzer

LCD TV Advice
Hi,
We bought a 37" Arcelik direct from the arcelik shop. it is 200Mghz so the picture is really good. had no probs and the shop delivered and installed, and comes complete with a 3yr warranty all for a bargain of 1400tl. highly recommended

Gary

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
LCD TV Advice
Hi,
We bought a 37" Arcelik direct from the arcelik shop. it is 200Mghz so the picture is really good. had no probs and the shop delivered and installed, and comes complete with a 3yr warranty all for a bargain of 1400tl. highly recommended

The problem with the Arcelik site is they show dozens of sets, but not enough detail to pick one over the other. They might be fine sets, but how can you tell - they all look good/the same? What model number did you buy?

Ian

saffie

Saffie
LCD TV Advice
My son in UK has two sets,one in the bedroom and one in the lounge.
He is very happy with them both and they are 2 years old now. They look very swish and he paid a high price for them when they first came out.

While on holiday with me he noticed they were now on sale in Kipa and mentioned that they were now a fair bit cheaper than he paid 2 years ago,even in Turkey.

They are both SAMSUNG,if that's any help.

saffie

gazzer

LCD TV Advice
Hi Immac
In the uk at the mo so cant give the model no... it was a 200Hz 37in LCD on offer at 1400tl thats all the info i can give.. we are really pleased with it as the picture looks almost 3dish and very sharp

Gary

SonnyJim

Living in Paradise!
LCD TV Advice
Well, we have lived here for 5 years, and any electrical/white goods we have bought have been Arcelik. Here in Datca, the guarantee service is excellent.

We bought a 32" LCD TV 82-501 for 1100 tl in March this year. Last week we noticed a faint blue thin line running down the centre of it. Called Arcelik, they collected it same day, advised a new screen was needed, got it back repaired 3 days later.

Very happy with quality of picture.

patrish

LCD TV Advice

I bought the same one at Kipa a few months ago,1900TL,and agree the picture is excellent

Latest Posts

Top Bottom