Last Train to Istanbul
I have just finished reading this book, by Ayse Kulin (translated from Turkish into English)
It's the story of the Turkish Governments attempt to repatriate Turkish Jews (and other nationals) during the 2nd World War. Centring around a Muslim woman from a high ranking Turkish family, who against her families wishes marries a Turkish Jew.
Although not a true story, it is based on events that took place.
Some of text is a bit 'lumpy' but I think this is because of the translation from Turkish to English.
Has anyone else read this?

shash

shash
Last Train to Istanbul
Yes, I read this book a couple of years ago. Thought it was a good read because It held my interest well. The writer was very good descriptively so it was easy to be taken into the story.
Has anybody seen the Turkish film Winter Sleep. I bought it a few weeks ago but really struggled to get to the end. Thought it was really slow and most of the time boring. It was a slow burn murder enquiry hi lighting the lives of all concerned. Disappointing to say the least.

Last Train to Istanbul
Yes, I read this book several years ago when the first English translation was published. I really enjoyed it.

dearsley

Last Train to Istanbul
I have just finished reading this book, by Ayse Kulin (translated from Turkish into English)
It's the story of the Turkish Governments attempt to repatriate Turkish Jews (and other nationals) during the 2nd World War. Centring around a Muslim woman from a high ranking Turkish family, who against her families wishes marries a Turkish Jew.
Although not a true story, it is based on events that took place.
Some of text is a bit 'lumpy' but I think this is because of the translation from Turkish to English.
Has anyone else read this?
1939hamilton....I wonder if you'd be interested in my book Twelve Camels For Your Wife about my 49 year love affair with Turkey. It's on Amazaon/Kindle but rather than buy it why don't you read a sample chapter? I was trying to attach it on this forum but it doesn't seem to want to accept ....so if you send an e mail to gdearsley@aol.com I'll send it to you. best wishes. George Twelve Camels For Your Wife: An Englishman's Lifelong Love Affair With Turkey: Amazon.co.uk: Dearsley, George: 9798733800868: Books

mollag

Kipper restorer
Last Train to Istanbul
I read this a few years back, i enjoyed it, maybe re read soon. It is Sci fi but not excessively so, more future soon ish.

The dervish house, set in Istanbul.-------https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dervish-House-Gollancz-S-F-ebook/dp/B003XNTTZ8/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=the+dervish+house&qid=1618322716&sr=8-1

Latest Posts

Top Bottom