luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Lasik Wavefront Eye Surgery
Yes had in Izmir 6 years ago - I have posted about this before so if you put in a search it should bring old posts up
Best thing I ever had done !! - Go for it

Hi Ian

I had this done last year at the Kaskaloglu Goz Hastanesi in Izmir. Absolutely no complaints and best of all I can see and have abandoned my three pairs of reading, driving and varifocal glasses. Brilliant results!

Veronica

Reactions: Ian

Ian

Thanks for the info, I have just looked at there website and they look good to me, cheers.

Quick question, were you in and out the same day , I don't wanna be stuck overnight there feeling sorry for myself !!.

Last edited by a moderator:

cjmpiper

Hi Ian,
Do your research before going ahead please. My partner wanted this done here in the UK. We've all seen the adverts "from £395" etc, but that's if your eyesight is "almost" perfect!! She was given the all clear by one surgery and asked to pay £1400 per eye. We sought a second opinion and they said that she wasn't suitable because she suffers from "mild keloid scarring", basically if you cut yourself you can still see a faint line/scar where it's healed. We got this confirmed by our local GP. If she had gone ahead, she'd be blind now. The surgeries always say that there is a risk with any surgery and they would've used this when it went wrong. We filled out the same forms at both, it's just that one surgeon was more experienced than the other and spotted the condition.
You're probably more than suitable, but please do your homework,
Regards,
Chris

Mushtaq

Founding Member
Hi Ian

I had this done last year at the Kaskaloglu Goz Hastanesi in Izmir. Absolutely no complaints and best of all I can see and have abandoned my three pairs of reading, driving and varifocal glasses. Brilliant results!

Veronica

What are the costs for this? I have seen prices in UK being advertised from about £350 per eye (probably marketing tricks)

Hi

The treatment here is priced in euros so it depends on the rate on the day. I paid the equivalent of £1000 but I selected the top of the range treatment.

To their credit the clinic refused to operate on my friend saying she did not need the operation. After the operation they told me that my distance vision is perfect but I may need reading glasses which I do wear for very small print, but I can read a newspaper without glasses. I went from not being able to read road signs to perfect vision for distance and from +6 to +1.5 for reading. I did not realise that for years I had been getting my other half to read menus for me and tell me what the writing on the telly said. The downside is that I never wore glasses when looking in the mirror but now somebody else is looking back at me.

I had to stay overnight in a hotel but got an examination in the morning and was pronounced fit to drive home. You do need to stay overnight because for a couple of hours in the evening you do experience a burning pain in your eyes which is totally gone in the morning and your vision should be restored.

Regards
Veronica

Karyn UK

I had mine done in the UK five years ago, I'd waited years for the technology to advance enough to deal with my really bad eyesight!

It is the best thing I ever had (you can't really explain to someone how amazing it is when you can see that grass comes in individual blades!) but you really need to do your research and you need to see someone you trust. The pre operatation tests are particularly important as not everyone is a good candidate for this surgery and even if you are a good candidate your need to understand that a certain percentage of procedures do have complications even with the greatest surgeons in the world!

Post operative is really important as well, particularly if you are here in a country with bright sunshine. I always wear sunglasses when I am outside, even in winter, because the protection is essential.

It will be amazing when you have it done though :)

Karyn

Latest Posts

Top Bottom