Abo

Abo
laptops
Is it ok to take a laptop into turkey I read somewhere that the memory size is restricted.

Harem

I've cliqued
laptops
We, like many others I guess, had no problems bringing a laptop into Turkey.

Peregrine

laptops
Is it ok to take a laptop into turkey I read somewhere that the memory size is restricted.

thats right - when you go thru customs they take out anything over a gig (but you get it back when you leave, if you remember to collect it)

hijo

in my own clique
laptops
.. we took 2 laptops ,1 desktop computer even a microwave "they were very expensive 5 years ago"..2 flat screen tv,s..i video recorder 4 dvd players ..we took them over in 3 trips ..all in large suitcase ,and was never stopped..but it is taking a big chance ,(1 )being caught and having to pay all the tax .(.2 )breakages ..but we packed them well and nothing was broken..but as they say ..YOU TAKES YOUR CHANCES.:hearnoevi

butt007

Warren
laptops
Hello Abo, I brought a Sony laptop in through Antalya in my hand luggage, absolutely no problem at all.... never got stopped or asked, must admit though I've never heard of this memory thing you mentioned??
Warren

Martyn

laptops
Hello Abo, I brought a Sony laptop in through Antalya in my hand luggage, absolutely no problem at all.... never got stopped or asked, must admit though I've never heard of this memory thing you mentioned??
Warren

Peregrine was joking.

butt007

Warren
laptops
Dohhh!! OK, where's me pills, anyone seen me pills??................................errrr, what was I looking for.
War.."^** errrrn.

hijo

in my own clique
laptops
Peregrine you really are a ****.
The guy is asking a serious question.
If you can't offer helpful answers, why attempt to confuse matters with your attempt at humour? Are you really that sad?

i do agree people ask questions here and get a very bad or sarcastic feedback..some new members will see these posts and say F**k that i will try another forum that will help me ...(and probably stay there and not return here ) makes sense to me if i had a reply like that i would not return here..:hearnoevi

Abo

Abo
laptops
Chill out peeps
I know a joke when I see one.
pereGRINes are they a protected species in Turkey, wheres me gun.
Thanks for the input everyone.
I remembered where I saw it , it is in the Fathiye guide/hints and tips.

Last edited:

Peregrine

laptops
Peregrine you really are a ****.
The guy is asking a serious question.
If you can't offer helpful answers, why attempt to confuse matters with your attempt at humour? Are you really that sad?

are you for real?

if you know the answer then give it to him

I suspect on reflection he will realise that it was a pretty dumb question

give some bad rep if it upset you that much

Abo

Abo
laptops
"I suspect on reflection he will realise that it was a pretty dumb question"

Dont bring me into your row I already said I new it was a joke
This is what it said on the fethiye info thread

Customs Regulations

On Entry

The following items may be brought into the country duty free
personal effects of the tourist.

one pocket computer (maximum main memory capacity Ram 128k. Byte), electronic playing devices (without cassette - keyboard).

SO WHO IS THE DUMB ONE

dalyansteve

laptops
Abo, you are correct but those rules were probably out of date by the time they were printed. Just bring your laptop as hand luggage just like everyone else does. On the very odd occasion that I go to England I nearly always buy a new laptop, I get the cheapest one in a pile in Tesco, check it out, then bring it home. That way I am nearly always up to date ish.

Reactions: Abo

Akasya

Postless Pointer
laptops
Abo, you are correct but those rules were probably out of date by the time they were printed. Just bring your laptop as hand luggage just like everyone else does. On the very odd occasion that I go to England I nearly always buy a new laptop, I get the cheapest one in a pile in Tesco, check it out, then bring it home. That way I am nearly always up to date ish.

The best advice i have seen.

Steve.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom