scotssteve

laptops and Thomascook
Re: lap tops

I believe they do - the only exclusion linda was quoted was her handbag -but then again I may be wrong.................

laptops and Thomascook

They did 2 weeks ago when we flew with them, but sometimes I think it depends on who's on the desk or at the gate on the day!
We had 2 people on our gate, the guy was letting everyone through with no hassle, the woman was making everyone's life a misery ........

val2661

laptops and Thomascook

Travelled with them 4 weeks ago and yes they did. As the laptop weighs over 2kgs and the cabin case almost as much, with a handbag that was my cabin luggage allowance all used up.

Val

laptops and Thomascook
The "official" Thomas Cook hand baggage policy is now one item (excluding duty free bought at the airport) weighing no more than 5kg.

They also say that at some UK airports if you turn up at the departure gate with more than one item, the extra item will be placed in the hold and you will be charged £40.
Other airlines including Easyjet and Monarch have also made this charge.

Hand baggage : Thomas Cook Airlines

tosmur

laptops and Thomascook
As far as I am aware you are only allowed one item of hand luggage I put my laptop inside my hand luggage. But it is a bit hit and miss it depends who is working as to what is allowed and what is ignored, I have had my hand luggage weighed with my hold luggage a couple of times but all the other times they have not weighed my hand luggage. I see people take very large cases on the plane as hand luggage but I would not take the risk.

best to play safe

ted j

laptops and Thomascook
I double checked and rang Monarch
We get 10 kg hand luggage each so I'm piling allsorts into the lappy case
(video camera, phone chargers etc)
We are going with our daughter and her Boyfriend and our new grandaughter Eva, so want lots of filming of her first holiday
She (Eva) also gets 10 kg hand luggage, so a portable travel cot, weighing 9 kg is going over
Ted

laptops and Thomascook
Monarch has always been good with the 10kg hand luggage.
However - just like Thomas Cook and Easyjet -0 they WILL charge you extra if you turn up with more than one piece each (excluding your one bag of duty free each.
Why on earth people need more than one piece of hand luggage (especially 10kg) is beyond me, but this is a way airlines are making sure its adhered to going forward.

Monarch's website says:

Yes, you can take up to one piece of hand baggage per person weighing no more than 10kg.

Ooops! Take care to comply with our hand baggage restrictions or you will be charged £50 / €60 to have your bag put in the hold. One piece of cabin baggage per person to include handbags and laptops + one standard size carrier bag of goods purchased from the departure airport.Hand luggage dimensions must not exceed 56cm x 45cm x 25cm (including handles and wheels) and must not weigh more than 10kg.

Tommie

Sun Worshipper
laptops and Thomascook
Does a backpack classify as hand luggage?

To my recollection, I have never had my backpack weighed.
I keep it on my back and have never been asked to take it off at check-in.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom