LezliG

Laptop help
My laptop suddenly died on me the other night. İt was as if it was running off the battery and just switched itself off even tho it was on AC power. İ tried switching it back on but it won't turn on at all. İ tried everything İ can thing off - is there anyone on here who can help? Or can suggest where İ can take it? İ lıve in Dalaman. Many thanks. Lesley

dalyansteve

Laptop help
Either something has died, it has overheated (keeping it on your lap can do this) or the fan is clogged with fluff. Some brands are quite easy to take some of the covers off to clean out dust and fluff such as Acer.
The best place to take it would be Gold computers in Fethiye, some of the staff speak very good English and should be able to either sort it out or confirm it's demise, their phone number is 612 6121, you could try phoning first. DO NOT TAKE IT TO ANY OLD COMPUTOR SHOP they will bugger it up.

juco

Laptop help
Try taking the battery out and then putting it back in.

Daniweb...
Try removing the battery, then connect the AC adapter and try to power the system. If you still have problems you may want to check your AC adapter to make sure it is supplying voltage. Also check the AC jack on the rear of the laptop to make sure it is not loose or disconnected from the motherboard. I have also seen a memory problem in one model Sony but I don't remember which model. The problem was the memory slot did not hold the RAM securely so the laptop would fail post or sometimes shutdown unexpectedly. It would normally show power though. The way I found this problem was to gently push on the RAM when powering up. The laptop would POST and load the OS but when I released the pressure, the laptop would crash. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Martyn

Laptop help
It might be the power supply not working get someone to test the output(the bit that plugs into the laptop) or maybe there is a light on the transformer part indicating power? I've had a couple go wrong, if you have a spare one or know someone with the same model you could test it that way.

dalyansteve

Laptop help
If it is the power supply, Migros have a universal one for about 90 lira, I recently had to buy one for one of mine that died, just double check the output voltage before you plug it in.

Lyndsey

Kalın deriliyimdir
Laptop help
My old laptop did this. My battery was goosed. I removed the battery and could use it this way plugged into mains electic.

Laptop help
Can I ask the experts if they know what causes some of the keyboard keys to become irresponsive and suddenly just go `dead`.

I thought that it was just my particular touch, but my Grandson confirms that he had experienced the same problem when he was using our laptop the other evening.

Is it a cleaning or connection problem ?????

Martyn

Laptop help
It could be one key stuck causing the problem or bits obstructing it. Turn the laptop upside down and give it a gentle tap and all the crumbs will come out :lol:

Laptop help
I bow in awe of your obvious skill and technical know how.

Many thanks for your kind responses - our, my Grandson and I, maintenance programme will commence tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom