Gail

Lamb tikka for Thing thong
I noticed in the thread that is asking what we miss from home that Thing thong said lamb tikka. We use the recipe below for chicken and lamb, it is really really scrummy. I am going to use it on paneeer at the weekend and see if it works with that.

half teaspoon garlic paste
half teaspoon ginger paste
squeeze lemon juice
salt

Mix all the above together and coat meat, cover and put in fridge for about an hour.

tablespoon oil
35ml vinegar
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon garam massala
2 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground chilli (I use more)
1 heaped teaspoon tomato paste
1 tablespoon thick yogurt
salt

Mix all the above together and then add the meat, leave to marinade for 6 hours or overnight.

Hope you enjoy!

(We got the recipe from a restaurant in Birmingham called Lasan it won best local restaurant on the F Word)

Last edited:

Gail

Lamb tikka for Thing thong
Malt vinegar, we use the vineger from here which is not as strong as the malt vineger in UK but it works fine and yes you can get all the other spices here. We tend to buy our spices from the supermarket in tubs/bags that are sealed as we had some from the market and there were little things walking about in them.......... Fresh ginger is easy to get hold of now as well, migros, kipa and metro tend to have it in stock nearly all the time.

By rubbing the meat with the first marinade you get a really good flavour, we are having it for our dinner tonight with rice and aubergine and spinach curry.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom