Lizie

Lake Bafa
Hi

Has anyone been to Lake Bafa?

How far it is from Altinkum? Can you get public transport and does anyone know if you can fish there?

Thanks

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Lake Bafa
Lovely delightful place, ruined by pollution. the lake looked like a septic soup. Shame.

Steve.

stevecarol

Lake Bafa
Lovely delightful place, ruined by pollution. the lake looked like a septic soup. Shame.

Steve.

It must have changed drastically in the last few months then, I know there is not alot of fish there but Septic soup may not be quite correct.

Lake Bafa
It has been stinking to high heaven for the last 3 years. Still a delight. Go to Hiraclion [S?] and stay in the funky pansion on the beach [Kaya Pension].
Watch the early morning treck of the villagers to the fields with their animals and their return in the evening.

stevecarol

Lake Bafa
Such a shame its like that, does the smell get worse as the summer goes on? or is it bad all the time now?

Lake Bafa
I was there in April and it did not smell. I doubt if it is easy to get to by public transport, I have always used a hire car. Watch out for the old ladies trying to sell you soap and things, - they can be very persistent. I will try and upload some of the photos I have taken there.

EVELYNNE

evelynne
Lake Bafa
I know you go past bafa lake on the way to bodrum from Akbuk, but how to you get round the other side of the lake from Akbuk, anyone help please

Lillylilly

Ex Altinkum Resident
Lake Bafa
Well our friends who travelled over here in their car took us for lunch yesterday we went on some new bits of road, past the wind turbines and it took us about 20 minutes, lovely drive to a little waterside restaurant - nothing that posh but proper toilets - we had a lovely lovely freshly cooked fish lunch and chop sis, fed the seagulls and it certainly was not stinky or anything like that. In fact it looked like the sea with a tide and we did nt see any stinky bits at all so I dont know what the person saying its stinky is on about!!

Lake Bafa
I know you go past bafa lake on the way to bodrum from Akbuk, but how to you get round the other side of the lake from Akbuk, anyone help please

If you take the main road out of Akbuk, and continue until you get to the T-junction with the D525 - head off towards Bodrum. Continue along the side of the lake going through Pinarcik. Just before Bafa village there is a sharp left turn, you nearly have to double back on yourself. Just follow that road - it is largely agricultural so please be aware that you will come across donkeys, cows etc on the road, so go carefully. I have come across quite a few tortoises on the road as well. The turning does have a sign post, but it is easily overlooked. If you get as far a Bafa itself you have gone too far.

The journey is about 30 minutes - longer if you get caught in a herd of cows!

Lake Bafa
".......and we did nt see any stinky bits at all so I dont know what the person saying its stinky is on about!!" [Lilly]

You win. It doesn't stink.

chaz

Lake Bafa
I have been round the lake several times over the past few years and have never noticed a stink.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Lake Bafa
".......and we did nt see any stinky bits at all so I dont know what the person saying its stinky is on about!!" [Lilly]

You win. It doesn't stink.

Yep game is up, Dwight is right, i just lied cos i dont want people going there, so i can keep all of the pestering sellers to myself.

I won't go back cos i was disappointed.

Everyone to their own.

Steve.

Ms Who

aka Kym Ciftci
Lake Bafa
Hmmmmm Im going there today for the weekend and a bit of R&R - Would prefer it not to be smelly but I guess I can wear a mask and just enjoy the view!

EVELYNNE

evelynne
Lake Bafa
kym, enjoy your weekend , are you staying at a hotel on the lake. Please report back on your adventures

Enjoy

Eve

Latest Posts

Top Bottom