carolk

R.I.P
Ladies and elbows!
My elbows always go black in the summer and it drives me mad! I have scrubbed them with everything I can think of and they still never look any better. I have been elbow watching (yes, very sad) and its not just me! Any tips please?

Also, any recommendations for a good body moisturiser. I have tried a lot of them but any super duper ones out there? :noidea:

angiesco

Ladies and elbows!
Maybe rub your elbows with a little lemon juice, Carol, I have heard that works.

As body mosturisers go, I am using Dove body butter at the moment-it is better than the usual dove body cream but maybe a little on the greasy side. I find Ambre Solaires after sun is a very good mosturiser and smells oh so nice too.

Angie.

maggie

Ladies and elbows!
Wot black as in sunburnt or black as in BLACK dirty lol.!!!

Try sticking your elbows in a lemon half apparently the juice is suppossed to clean them.(old wifes tale).

I just use Nivea here seems to be the best or if you can get hold of someone doing Avon here their rich moisture cream is very good.

Hugs Maggie xxxxx

p.s. one of the old girls on our sitesi just uses olive oil on her skin.

carolk

R.I.P
Ladies and elbows!
Hi Angie, I am so glad you're there, I managed to get the Elidor serum a couple of days ago (hooray) but I cant read the destructions. Do you put it on wet or dry hair? Thanks.

Thanks for the tip. Will get some lemons today.

Last edited:

carolk

R.I.P
Ladies and elbows!
Wot black as in sunburnt or black as in BLACK dirty lol.!!!

Try sticking your elbows in a lemon half apparently the juice is suppossed to clean them.(old wifes tale).

I just use Nivea here seems to be the best or if you can get hold of someone doing Avon here their rich moisture cream is very good.

Hugs Maggie xxxxx

p.s. one of the old girls on our sitesi just uses olive oil on her skin.

Lol -SUN Maggie sun!!

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Ladies and elbows!
I use Olive Oil on mine. I also wash my elbows and knees with Olive Oil Soap with seems to stop them getting dry and grubby.

Tess

Ladies and elbows!
Carol, I use plain simple Johnstons baby oil as moisturiser, even on my face. But with you being in Turkey and all the fab weather you have the burning element, but after your shower in the evening it might be worth a try. Look forward to seeing these black elbows in July!!!!

angiesco

Ladies and elbows!
Hi CArol

just use a tiny wee drop on damp hair(towel dried) or can also be used when hair is dry to take the frizz off. use on the ends.

Hope that helps.

Angie.

CJD

Ladies and elbows!
I like the Avon O so soft oil spray, and just maybe it will
keep mossys away:clap:

Ceni

Ceni
Ladies and elbows!
I have the same problem :eek:( just can't seem to shift mine either.
Avon's S.S.S is lovely and really does repel the mozzies.

I used to always have Fengel in the UK, I do miss that stuff.

dalyansteve

Ladies and elbows!
I am still trying to think, why does someone want to look at their elbows??? So what if they go black in the sun or is this something so girly i'm never going to get it?

zuberdust

IM THE BESTEST :)
Ladies and elbows!
My elbows always go black in the summer and it drives me mad! I have scrubbed them with everything I can think of and they still never look any better. I have been elbow watching (yes, very sad) and its not just me! Any tips please?

Also, any recommendations for a good body moisturiser. I have tried a lot of them but any super duper ones out there? :noidea:

cut a lemon in half squeeze some juice out and put elbows in, acts as a natural slow whitner, otherwise u can purchase some skin bleach, no doubt they will have it in turkey, the traditional shops, ask around, there is a very popular one....Stillmans skin bleach..

Guz1

Ladies and elbows!
Rub your elbows lightly with a pumice stone before using the lemon juice and moisturiser. Vaseline is as good a moisturiser as any and costs a lot less than most. A couple of drops of baby oil in the bath should help keep your skin from drying out. (Must admit that I don't practice what I'm preaching here).

Last edited:

carolk

R.I.P
Ladies and elbows!
I am still trying to think, why does someone want to look at their elbows??? So what if they go black in the sun or is this something so girly i'm never going to get it?

Well Steve, KKOB 'gets it' so it must be you!! lol.

Ceni, isn't it awful? :Cry:

Maria, I've nearly rubbed the skin off!! I do use a pumice stone on them but to no avail. I bought lemons to try that!! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

newhorizon

"Light Years Away"
Ladies and elbows!
As mentioned lemon juice is the obvious natural method as the acidity of the juice naturally lightens skin over time.

To deal with the darkening you can use the above or there are creams and potions available on the market that do the same such as
"Daggett & Ramsdell Knee & Elbow Lightening Cream 1.5 oz. with Natural Lighteners - described as "Helps eliminate dark areas at the knees and elbows.
Has natural lighteners". This does lighten will take some time, few weeks to show depending on how dark the skin is.

If it's just a matter of keeping the skin in condition (soft) then you can use any moisturiser as others have mentioned or natural oils e.g olive oil, even butter, but that in itself won't lighten the skin. Another tip would be to exfoliate the area every other day or 2-3 times per week (dont over do it!), that may wash off dead cells away and brighten it up. and if fair skinned then I guess top up with regular doses of high spf sun cream.
Hope one of these helps a bit.

zuberdust

Ladies and elbows!
look for products with Kojic acid, bearberry, licorise, or arbutin in them, they are certified legal skin lightening agents, hyrdoquinone works, but its banned in the EU, as it can be dangerous, 2% hydroquinone is deemed safe and can be bought over the counter, any more than that is prescribed by a doctor, avoid products that do not have any ingredients listed as they tend to contain 5% mercury in them, and we all know that is not good!...
home made recipes, egg white, tumeric, milk powder, milk and lemon juice, mix to a paste, apply, let it dry then wash off! do once a night...

yeh you wud think am a woman with all this info! heheeheh

newhorizon

"Light Years Away"
Ladies and elbows!
home made recipes, egg white, tumeric, milk powder, milk and lemon juice, mix to a paste, apply, let it dry then wash off! do once a night...

Ah yeah, forgot the home made ones with haldi (turmeric), besan/gram flour, lemon juice, and curds (natural yoghurt) -then you got it all-in-one, lightener, exfoliator and moisturiser all in one! home made recipe using stuff you'd have anyway.

Zuberdust, you mean you're not a woman,lol, :95im:J.J sounds like you have lived in warmer zones so have this info at hand as these are popular recipes

maggie

Ladies and elbows!
look for products with Kojic acid, bearberry, licorise, or arbutin in them, they are certified legal skin lightening agents, hyrdoquinone works, but its banned in the EU, as it can be dangerous, 2% hydroquinone is deemed safe and can be bought over the counter, any more than that is prescribed by a doctor, avoid products that do not have any ingredients listed as they tend to contain 5% mercury in them, and we all know that is not good!...

Zuberdust are you a friend of Michael Jackson by any chance lol .

Hugs Maggie xxxx

zuberdust

Ladies and elbows!
Ah yeah, forgot the home made ones with haldi (turmeric), besan/gram flour, lemon juice, and curds (natural yoghurt) -then you got it all-in-one, lightener, exfoliator and moisturiser all in one! home made recipe using stuff you'd have anyway.

Zuberdust, you mean you're not a woman,lol, :95im:J.J sounds like you have lived in warmer zones so have this info at hand as these are popular recipes

well i have actually lived in the UK all ma life, i just know these things due to cultural reasons and that fact i live with 3 sisters and mum! hahaha, house full of women!
eastern cultures = fairer skin is more beautiful and rich
explanation= only the darker people worked outside in the sun all day whereas the rich people stayed in doors keeping them lighter!
lol such old fasioned mentality!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom