Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Labour going forward

Labour to accuse five ex-staff members of leaking antisemitism report​

Extract:
Labour is set to accuse five former party staff, including Seumas Milne and Karie Murphy, of leaking a controversial internal report on antisemitism, prompting them to hire lawyers to defend themselves against the claims.

Labour has lodged papers at the high court seeking to place responsibility for the leak on Milne, Murphy, Georgie Robertson, Laura Murray and Harry Hayball, according to lawyers for the five. Carter-Ruck said they would “vigorously defend themselves” in legal proceedings and seek full reimbursement for their costs.

The report, titled The work of the Labour party’s governance and legal unit in relation to antisemitism, 2014–2019, was leaked in April 2020 with damaging consequences.

The document, which was intended for, but never submitted to, an investigation by the equalities watchdog, alleged that staff had worked to undermine Jeremy Corbyn’s leadership and sent a number of abusive messages about senior figures. Critics of the report said it was leaked in an attempt to “smear whistleblowers” who had exposed antisemitism.

Mushroom

Top Poster Of Month
Labour going forward
Anyone care to take a bet that she DOESN'T get sent down? I'm pitching that at the most she will get a suspended sentence and could carry on as an Independent MP.

Kanga

Labour going forward

Lock her up
You can't say that, it's racist . . . . :censored: You'll have the united weight of BLM outside your front door, and God help you if you have a Ring installed !!!

She could have used the Johnson Guppy defence if she was bright enough, she could have become Prime Minister.

What's that please? I thought a guppy was a fish.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Labour going forward
You can't say that, it's racist . . . . :censored: You'll have the united weight of BLM outside your front door, and God help you if you have a Ring installed !!!

She could have used the Johnson Guppy defence if she was bright enough, she could have become Prime Minister.

What's that please? I thought a guppy was a fish.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom