Camden

Top Poster Of Month
Labour going forward
Good to see TLF go back to its Labour Red ...was getting fed up with the nauseous new Tory Blue format... TLF has come home Ha Ha ( joke)

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Labour going forward
Oh, for goodness sake!

"Tony Blair comeback plot as former PM holds secret talks - 'Wants to fix reputation'"​

Can't we be spared politicians who can not put their feet up in retirement?

extract:

"TONY BLAIR has been holding secret talks with members of Boris Johnson's Government, in a bid to repair his reputation and make a "de Gaulle-style comeback" to UK politics."​

Labour going forward
Oh, for goodness sake!

"Tony Blair comeback plot as former PM holds secret talks - 'Wants to fix reputation'"​

Can't we be spared politicians who can not put their feet up in retirement?

extract:

"TONY BLAIR has been holding secret talks with members of Boris Johnson's Government, in a bid to repair his reputation and make a "de Gaulle-style comeback" to UK politics."​

This day and age we live in a throw away society......he was skipped and should be in a land fill site already.
He like the rest of us can see the state of the Labour Party......still unelectable.

Camden

Top Poster Of Month
Labour going forward
Good to see Tony found his true home in politics .... Boris's Tory Party ..... Already it seems Boris is following Tony's policy on vaccination, and now with endorsement from Farage, he should be a shoe in .. for the Tories ....... is the Tory Comic the Express on to something....

Last edited:
Labour going forward
Good to see Tony found his true home in politics .... Boris's Tory Party ..... Already it seems Boris is following Tony's policy on vaccination, and now with endorsement from Farage, he should be a shoe in .. for the Tories ....... is the Tory Comic the Express on to something....
Blair among other things is Labour & the problem he has is, he's toxic, everyone sees it except himself.
Is he still a Labour Party member???

Camden

Top Poster Of Month
Labour going forward
Blair among other things is Labour & the problem he has is, he's toxic, everyone sees it except himself.
Is he still a Labour Party member???
Well Blair couldn't give a definitive answer when asked who he voted for in the election, and his advisor Alistair Campbell voted Liberal and was thrown out the Labour Party for doing so ... so don't know ...but as seen his politics don't align with the Labour Movement and seem more in line with his current contacts the Tories who are copying his policy and has the endorsement of the far right in Farage...

Labour going forward
Well Blair couldn't give a definitive answer when asked who he voted for in the election, and his advisor Alistair Campbell voted Liberal and was thrown out the Labour Party for doing so ... so don't know ...but as seen his politics don't align with the Labour Movement and seem more in line with his current contacts the Tories who are copying his policy and has the endorsement of the far right in Farage...
I'm not interested how Blair voted, is he a member of your Party or not?

Camden

Top Poster Of Month
Labour going forward
I'm not interested how Blair voted, is he a member of your Party or not?
Your lack of comprehending posts is worrying .. I am not party to his current membership details nor care ..

Anyway holding a membership card is moot if you don't follow the politics of the Labour Movement ... and as seen by his endorsement by Farage that's unlikely, also shown in Boris adopting his policy, his bent now seems to be with your lot ...or maybe it never changed and he has always been one of yours...

Chasey

Labour going forward
I actually think Blair's statesmanship and gravitas would be a breath of fresh air for the UK but I am rather struggling to see how he gets himself reelected?

The whole war/invasion thing is childish nonsense touted by immature people who can't accept all conflict is either about power or money. There has never been any morel high ground for war / invasion or conflict. Under bright lights, they all come down to the big two of the three issues that men struggle with. Power Money Sex.

A far greater problem well be his background in the area of immigration having been responsible for opening the flood gates to overseas workers and migrants.

Far from Labour being unelectable, I see them as very electable now Borris has crumbled under both Brexit and Corvid and is somewhat rudderless without Cummings whispering in his ear.

I think Stammer won't do as good a job as Blair due to lack of experience, but he is IMHO more electable and anyone right now.

Sadly it will be another centrist government with little real change on offer. We are still awaiting the next person to make a real impact. The next Thatcher or Blair.

Labour going forward
I actually think Blair's statesmanship and gravitas would be a breath of fresh air for the UK but I am rather struggling to see how he gets himself reelected?

The whole war/invasion thing is childish nonsense touted by immature people who can't accept all conflict is either about power or money. There has never been any morel high ground for war / invasion or conflict. Under bright lights, they all come down to the big two of the three issues that men struggle with. Power Money Sex.

A far greater problem well be his background in the area of immigration having been responsible for opening the flood gates to overseas workers and migrants.

Far from Labour being unelectable, I see them as very electable now Borris has crumbled under both Brexit and Corvid and is somewhat rudderless without Cummings whispering in his ear.

I think Stammer won't do as good a job as Blair due to lack of experience, but he is IMHO more electable and anyone right now.

Sadly it will be another centrist government with little real change on offer. We are still awaiting the next person to make a real impact. The next Thatcher or Blair.
He’s the bloody grim reaper incarnation. He didn’t just help to set the Middle East on fire, between him and Bush they managed to set the world alight.
We have yet to see what the Labour Party has to offer those life long members who deserted the Party.....and still are weekly.

Labour going forward
Your lack of comprehending posts is worrying .. I am not party to his current membership details nor care ..

Anyway holding a membership card is moot if you don't follow the politics of the Labour Movement ... and as seen by his endorsement by Farage that's unlikely, also shown in Boris adopting his policy, his bent now seems to be with your lot ...or maybe it never changed and he has always been one of yours...
So here we are, you being a Labour activist in London and you can’t even tell us if a long serving Labour PM is a Labour Party member?
He’s Labour Camden and no doubt you were voting Labour whilst he was after his powers.
Strange though, we have Chasey saying what an asset Blair was/is & you on the other hand are in complete denial of his seemingly Labour Party existence.

Camden

Top Poster Of Month
Labour going forward
So here we are, you being a Labour activist in London and you can’t even tell us if a long serving Labour PM is a Labour Party member?
He’s Labour Camden and no doubt you were voting Labour whilst he was after his powers.
Strange though, we have Chasey saying what an asset Blair was/is & you on the other hand are in complete denial of his seemingly Labour Party existence.

Don't put words in my mouth Chips . I said I "don't know" his current Party Membership status , the reason being I said I don't care. I neither have interest in the man nor his new found Farage endorsed right wing politics... Your Tory Press seem to know and care more what he is doing in his secret talks with members of Boris Government.

As for Chasey he has his opinions on Blair and I have mine happens within a Democracy ...

You, said Blair with Bush set ME alight I agree he did it with the backing of the opposition Tory Party ... like you said in another thread they had the option in the vote ...but only two Tories voted against the war whilst 84 Labour MP's voted against .

And your man Boris Johnson supported military intervention in Iraq in 2003, backing prime minister Tony Blair’s efforts in several key votes. JC on the other hand ... voted against and was one of the UK's leading campaigners against the 2003 Iraq war.

Also the current Labour leader Keir Starmer a human rights lawyer then joined a million people on the streets of London in 2003 in an effort to block the path to war.

Last edited:
Labour going forward
Don't put words in my mouth Chips . I said I "don't know" his current Party Membership status , the reason being I said I don't care. I neither have interest in the man nor his new found Farage endorsed right wing politics... Your Tory Press seem to know and care more what he is doing in his secret talks with members of Boris Government.

As for Chasey he has his opinions on Blair and I have mine happens within a Democracy ...

You, said Blair with Bush set ME alight I agree he did it with the backing of the opposition Tory Party ... like you said in another thread they had the option in the vote ...but only two Tories voted against the war whilst 84 Labour MP's voted against .

And your man Boris Johnson supported military intervention in Iraq in 2003, backing prime minister Tony Blair’s efforts in several key votes. JC on the other hand ... voted against and was one of the UK's leading campaigners against the 2003 Iraq war.

Also the current Labour leader Keir Starmer a human rights lawyer then joined a million people on the streets of London in 2003 in an effort to block the path to war.

FFS not that old chestnut.....Labour was the Sitting Government of the Day. So the fact that Labour now being in Opposition, if Brexit goes pear shaped will it be Labours fault as well because they backed the Government?

Camden

Top Poster Of Month
Labour going forward
FFS not that old chestnut.....Labour was the Sitting Government of the Day. So the fact that Labour now being in Opposition, if Brexit goes pear shaped will it be Labours fault as well because they backed the Government?

Surely not comparing the voting decisions made on the Iraqi war with ones made on Brexit.

Yes, a Blair led Labour was to blame , you are now seeing why I am not interested in this ex PM. But the party is now under new leadership that opposed the War its moved on ....

On the other hand the Tories are still being led by a person of the same mindset as Blair shown by his voting history on the War not once but several, and now people in his Party it seems is in secret talks to fix Blairs reputation ruined by his stance on the War...

Last edited:
Labour going forward
Surely not comparing the voting decisions made on the Iraqi war with ones made on Brexit.

Yes, a Blair led Labour was to blame , you are now seeing why I am not interested in this ex PM. But the party is now under new leadership that opposed the War its moved on ....

On the other hand the Tories are still being led by a person of the same mindset as Blair shown by his voting history on the War not once but several, and now people in his Party it seems is in secret talks to fix Blairs reputation ruined by his stance on the War...
I’m using exactly the same process of thought that you did....Conservatives backed Labours decision over Iraq & Labour have just backed the Conservatives over Brexit.
The voting on both issues is on record.

Chasey

Labour going forward
It's now at the top of the list of priorities along with green economic policies

What list and who holds the list?

This hatred of the House of Lords is ill-founded IMHO. It's a level of protection with many inherent faults but the FACT is, it is a level of protection for us, you and me.

I am very much pro reform of the House of Lords with payment on attendance only and removal of piers who do little or nothing for their money.

Like the sitting judges in the USA, I feel lifetime membership is a very bad idea. I'd like to see enforced retirement at 75. I know enough 80-year-olds to know hardly any of them are firing on all cylinders.

Perhaps a second phase as a pier is required where they cant sit and vote in the lords but can offer proposals? Then the more able-bodied piers can filter out the ones that have lost a few tiles off the roof.

Scrapping it due to its inherent faults is throwing out the baby with the bath water.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom