Labour going backwards
Just seen on Sky News Starmer (captain hindsight) trying to drive an HGV.

If his career in politics doesn't work out he hasn't got one in HGV driving either.
A PA disaster..........had to smile when the instructor said, "you failed", that made the clip for me.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Labour going backwards
Another classic example of what not to do in the media !!
Who advises them?
As it was a fact finding visit , no training , no classwork instruction , no on the road schooled driving instruction , what does anyone else REASONABLY expect ?
Steve

Mushroom

Top Poster Of Month
Labour going backwards
As it was a fact finding visit , no training , no classwork instruction , no on the road schooled driving instruction , what does anyone else REASONABLY expect ?
Steve
Still another PR balls up. What did he hope to achieve in the first place?
Did the nation say " We don't have any problems now because Sir Keir is leading the way by sitting in the cab".
More likely "What's that prat doing sitting in that cab? He can't even drive his own party forwards, let alone a lorry."

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Labour going backwards
So that is it , no more fact finding jaunts , at least he tried to get some facts , instead of gobbing it out in Westminster , damned by you if he does , and if he does not , all you do is parade your prejudice for all to see , proudly no doubt .
Steve

Mushroom

Top Poster Of Month
Labour going backwards
So that is it , no more fact finding jaunts , at least he tried to get some facts , instead of gobbing it out in Westminster , damned by you if he does , and if he does not , all you do is parade your prejudice for all to see , proudly no doubt .
Steve
I'm prejudiced against all useless politicians. No bias here.

Mushroom

Top Poster Of Month
Labour going backwards
It really is quite simple. The leader of the opposition turns up at an appropriate location to speak to appropriate people about a crisis and asks intelligent questions whilst being photographhed in a statesman like manner.
He doesn't get into a cab or touch the steering wheel because that would make him look like some idiot on a fairground 'pretend' fire tender on a ride. That sort of stunt would best be left for Boris.

Labour going backwards
Next stop an abattoir......FFS don’t put a knife in his hand.
Of course it was a PR stunt, they all try these types of things. Even if they go right, I doubt if it impresses anyone. Hardly a vote winner.
Now if he was actually making a delivery to Sainsbury’s,.......lol

Labour going backwards
Next stop an abattoir......FFS don’t put a knife in his hand.
Of course it was a PR stunt, they all try these types of things. Even if they go right, I doubt if it impresses anyone. Hardly a vote winner.
Now if he was actually making a delivery to Sainsbury’s,.......lol
I would agree totally. Would likely make no difference to how people vote. Have just watched a 5 part documentary re the New Labour project. Really fascinating watch. Leaving policies aside, what it shows is the powerful influence of having a strong personable personality who can communicate the message. I am afraid Mr Starmer does not have this.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Labour going backwards
So he took a trial hgv test , at a training centre , in order to have more of an idea as to what he was talking about and to deliver a retort to absurd press statements ( bus drivers driving hgv , LOL )....and you criticise ?
Not merely prejudice but naked prejudice.
Steve

Labour going backwards
So he took a trial hgv test , at a training centre , in order to have more of an idea as to what he was talking about and to deliver a retort to absurd press statements ( bus drivers driving hgv , LOL )....and you criticise ?
Steve
You are not as gullible as that surely. No PR stunt? Of course it was but they all do PR stunts so no criticism there.

Labour going backwards
Steve
MPs don’t need to trial anything to know what they’re talking about.
A prime example being Afghanistan, they don’t need to have been a serving soldier there to know the score.

Get em all on Strictly.....

Latest Posts

Top Bottom