kaplumba

labour cost
Please can anybody tell me the cost of a workman for the day. I am thinking specifically of a painter and decorator for labour cost not materials.

kaplumba

labour cost
Thanks all, not sure FPM. I have someone in mind but wasn't sure what to offer him.
Next questions please - how long is a working day, should I be providing him with lunch and most important I shall be looking for white emulsion type paint and some filler for the cracks in plaster. What do I look for?

flowerpotman

No Clique just Creak
labour cost
Usually they bring their own lunch. Working day 8am to 6pm with hour for lunch.They will probably just make some more plaster to fill the cracks and any hardware store will sell white emulsion usually in 10 to 15 litre plastic tubs.

labour cost
If he is anything like our plumber in Fethiye recently you will need....

A watch that says its 10am when the time is 4pm.
A motorbike so you can pop down to his office and ask where he is.
A chair he can stand on if he is working on the ceiling.
A small digger to clear up the rubbish left behind afterwards.
If during Ramazan and after 3pm a fan to cool him down.
If during Ramazan and after 5pm a Turkish dictionary dealing in profanities.
A pair of binoculars to watch him having numerous fag breaks with his mate across the road.
A precise understanding of the the term "Problem Yok???"
A precise understanding of the symbolic gesture of shrugged shoulders and arms outstretched from time to time.
A flexible approach to any time of arrival or duration of the Turkish day.
To find a man with a van or car that looks as if it can make it back to you the following day without dying.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Tongue in cheek Lol
Best of luck Jane

kaplumba

labour cost

A pair of binoculars to watch him having numerous fag breaks with his mate across the road.
A precise understanding of the symbolic gesture of shrugged shoulders and arms outstretched from time to time.
To find a man with a van or car that looks as if it can make it back to you the following day without dying.

Tongue in cheek Lol
Best of luck Jane

Oh Terry you are so funny. I have a vile cold and your post made me giggle. I think your chap must be related to one I employed about 4 years ago. In addition to all the things you mentioned he also spent a lot of time leering at SIL and muttering cok guzel and winking. His daily rate was 60 lira and a day for him was 3pm - 6pm. Needless to say I didn't employ him for long.
The arms out to the side and shrugging must be a general thing and my husband and son's have picked it up and do it all the time when they are in Turkey.
I have a man in mind who won't do any of the aforementioned - well I hope not but just wanted to know what to offer him.

Bibby

Ferretbrain
labour cost
I've been advised not to employ a person by the day, but by the job. Otherwise it will take forever, because he's being paid.

As for Terry's advice, I thought it was brilliant. Will forward on to DH..

matty

labour cost
Jane, also make sure that you get plenty of plastic sheets! Make sure e puts it down before he starts the job!!

Good luck.

labour cost

Tongue in cheek Lol
Best of luck Jane

You forgot the cushion for him to have a couple of hours sleep mid afternoon and a sweeping brush and pack of fags so he can lean and smoke while oggling your 16 year old daughter sunbathing by the pool.

Jane

Sara-666

labour cost
I've always found that feeding our workmen and cold drinks during the day keeps their breaks to what I would prefer not 3 hour lunches! I couldn't agree more about the pay by the job not by the day as it could be very costly.

Sara

labour cost
Jane, I can really recommend the chap who decorated my apartment while I was in Cuba in January. Did a cracking job, left no mess at all and even cleaned off all the old paint that the previous painter had left on the wooden doors and frames. We agreed a price for the job based on 60TL a day, but I was so satisfied I gave him a bonus! If you want his name and number PM me.

Regards Linda

kaplumba

labour cost
Thanks all, I have a person in mind and I'm certain he will do the job properly without all the pitfalls mentioned. I just needed an idea of what to pay. If that idea falls through Linda I will contact you for the details of your chap.
While I'm here thank you for phone sitting!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom