zozatky

Kusadasi / Samos Boozecruise.
Well the Christmas Boozecruise to Samos left on time. Other half tells me its a bit choppy but still looking forward restocking the essentials just in time for Christmas.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Last edited:

zozatky

As most of you will know yesterday was lovely weather for the ducks. However my other half decided to go on one of our areas organised Boozecruises to Samos. Well most of you will have seen the movie The Perfect Storm. The trip over was the sequel . It was a case of pass the sick bag & a rush for new undies in Samos. It threw it down all day but she still managed to shop till she droped!!.
She phoned me at 1600 hrs to tell me they had upped Anchor & were on there way home. I was somewhat suprised to get another phone call 1 hr later to say they were leaving Samos....... AGAIN.
It turned out that 5 people had missed the Boat & were left in Samos due to some confusion about the Departure times & the time that everbody was supposed to be at the ferry, so that they could clear customs before the boat left, all the rest of the passengers managed to get there on time but the late comers cut it to fine. Needless to say they were not welcomed with open arms when they finaly boarded!!!!!!
The rest of the trip home passed fairly smoothly apart from the Rumble in the Jungle between the late comers & 1-2 of the others.

For all you non seafarers out there the bad conditions were caused by a strong wind from the south pushing the sea through the narrow Samos straits & causing a washing machine effect mid journey. The ferry was then trying to cross this & had to tack in order to get through it. The sea infact was hitting the craft on its Port Beam giving some discomfort to its passangers.!!!!!!

The best part of the whole trip was that by the time they got back to Kusadasi customs had got fed up & gone home. So the duty free shop took a pounding.:clap::clap::clap:

Kusann

Sounds very eventful :)
I dont go to Samos any more due to a very bad crossing a few years ago and that was summertime, I was so scared we could`nt get into port had to go to marina.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom