Yogi

Picnic basket raider
KTHY - Cypriot Turkish Airlines
Are they any good? As we live close to Stansted I thought I'd have a look at them but their website is less than user friendly. I am looking at going out in May 2010 and thought of booking it now to try and keep the cost down (family of 4, so 4 adult fares), can you book for next Summer with them & do they have a UK phone number to contact them if you need to?

I am looking at flying to either Bodrum or Izmir (preferably Bodrum) I assume they fly these routes from Stansted?

Thanks in advance

Yogi

Tess

We flew with KTHY from Heathrow in January this year, into Izmir. I found them excellent, all on time and excellent leg room and service.

I stand to be corrected but I believe that from Stansted KTHY fly only Antalya and Stansted.

We always use them and we think that are very good.

Meals and adrinks are included in the ticket prie and bggage allowance is currently 25kgs plus hand baggage.

There is a UK number, which I do not have at the moment but will post it as soon as.

Tess

Are you using the correct site Yogi, I found it okay to navigate.

Yogi

Picnic basket raider
Hi Tess,

Yes, I can find the site OK but it's not very good once there (ie, the 'flight map' doesn't show Bodrum, etc....)

Yogi

Redhand

I have booked to fly Bodrum to Stansted with KTHY at end Oct, flight was to leave at 10.15 arrive 12.15 this meant I would get a flight out of Stansted to Dublin at 15.30. Just last week I recieved an email from KTHY telling me flight was now changed to 18.30 arriving 20.30 which means I have to stay overnight in London as all Irish flight have gone. When I contacted Ryanair to change my London - Dublin tickets from Sat to Sunday they were charging me £125, in spite of the fact that to book 2 new flights on the Sunday cost £70. so neither KTHY nor Ryanair are my favourite airlines right now

Tess

Yogi, we flew Belfast to Stansted, and then National Express over to Heathrow, makes me think that they didn't do that route, fact we journeyed over to Heathrow and went to Izmir, I know they touch down at Izmir let off the Turkey passengers and then fly on to Cyprus, same when you are returning the flight already has the Cyprus passengers on board.
It was a bit of a camel trek for us but as we were booking pretty late, Belfast to Heathrow flights were sky high.

Yogi I have checked for you Pegasus Airlines fly Stansted to Bodrum in May'10, prices not too bad either!!! maybe worth a check!!

Last edited:

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Tess you are as usual correct, Jackie and meself have used this flight several times ourselves. It would appear that chickens in cages and microwaves count as hand luggage. Do not forget the applause for the pilot for actually managing to land the crate.

Steve.

CJD

Kthy fly Stansted to Dalaman & Bodrum but only in the
summer unfortunately

Last edited:

CJD

first flight i could find Stansted to dalaman was 2nd April
they appear to be flying on fridays

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
There's also usually a flight leaving Stansted at 22.30 on Sunday nights during the summer to DLM. In fact it's the last scheduled flight out of Stansted on sunday nights.

They're a good airline to fly with. Good legroom, 20 kilo baggage allowance (25 kilos of you're a student or in the forces) , free food and drink onboard and friendly staff.

Sara-666

They fly from Stanstead to Bodrum Thursdays and Saturdays until the end of October this year and starting in April next year, 25 kilo luggage allowance and plenty of leg room usually. We flew with them to Izmir when we moved here and they were terrific, took very good care of my two cats who flew with us and gave us free extra luggage allowance without hassle. Hand luggage wasn't even looked at and when we got on the plane many people had suitcases in the cabin with them!

Sara

maggie

We nearly allways use this airline.

Plenty of leg room,nice food,free alchol,25 kgs hold 5 kgs hand luggage.
Also if you book online you can choose your seat.
Okay theres no inflight entertainment,but as Nik says watching the air hostesses is entertainment in itself.!!!!

Hugs Maggie xx

Yogi

Picnic basket raider
Just to let everyone know I phoned KTHY to find out about Flights for May 2010 the reason I couldn't get any prices is there flights for next Summer haven't been released yet! They said they expected them to be released in about 1 week or so. Might be worth monitoring, could be some bargains for those who get in Early.

I've now booked with Pegasus.

Yogi

Latest Posts

Top Bottom