sarah391

Kos Ferry
Has anyone used this ferry?? Is it worth the money?? My friend and I are coming out in July and have thought about going to Kos for the day. What is there to see and do when we get there? How long do you usually have in Kos before you have to catch the ferry back? Is there a ferry back or is it just a couple of imes a week service?? HELP!!

maggie

Kos Ferry
Certain tour companies do trips to Kos apparently about £38 pound all in.From Altinkum there is going to be a ferry going to Kos as yet dont know days,times or cost.
If you go on a trip I believe they leave from Bodrum and you get about 5 hours on the Island before you return.These trips I believe go twice a week there and back.

A quick shop something to eat and then a few drinks and your 5 hours is gone.

Im hoping to go for a week but as yet cant find out times,cost of one way or return ticket.

Hugs Maggie xxx

biggles

biggles
Kos Ferry
Has anyone used this ferry?? Is it worth the money?? My friend and I are coming out in July and have thought about going to Kos for the day. What is there to see and do when we get there? How long do you usually have in Kos before you have to catch the ferry back? Is there a ferry back or is it just a couple of imes a week service?? HELP!!

good day out . and on the ferry you can pay for a coach tour of the island , the coach takes you to a greek village where you can wander round the shops and have a meal in a village cafe ,it also stops at some historical sites and gets you back to the town in plenty of time to look around the shops . you have to have euros [they wont accept lire, still bad memories of 1974 i guess ] you have about 4.5 hours there before ferry goes back . dont miss it or you will have to stay the night , but not a bad idea as there are plenty of cheap hotels within walking dist of the ferry . Have a coffee sitting under the tree of hypocrates . [ hippocratic oath ] short walk from the ferry . dont go on sunday as not many shops open . well worth going .

biggles

biggles
Kos Ferry
we went from turgetreis ,[ easy to park if you have a car right by ferry terminal ] i think we went on the ferryabout 9.30 am . cost now around £25 ret [ dont quote me ] bodrum is a bit of a pain if you have car as it will cost you to park and then you will have to walk past the castle to the ferry . but if you are renewing visa you have to go on the bodruferry as they wont renew from turgetreis . [ i know i tried it ]

Kos Ferry
we went from turgetreis ,[ easy to park if you have a car right by ferry terminal ] i think we went on the ferryabout 9.30 am . cost now around £25 ret [ dont quote me ] bodrum is a bit of a pain if you have car as it will cost you to park and then you will have to walk past the castle to the ferry . but if you are renewing visa you have to go on the bodruferry as they wont renew from turgetreis . [ i know i tried it ]

Hi Biggles,
Can i ask, when you tryed to get your visa from turgetreis? Ive got mine from there a few times.And was planning on goin again in a few months.
Has it all changed now, and does it mean i will have to go from Bodrum...which is a nightmare for us...
thanks

biggles

biggles
Kos Ferry
Hi Biggles,
Can i ask, when you tryed to get your visa from turgetreis? Ive got mine from there a few times.And was planning on goin again in a few months.
Has it all changed now, and does it mean i will have to go from Bodrum...which is a nightmare for us...
thanks

i should have explained a bit better ,our visa s had run out 4 days before we were to fly home ,so rather than have the hassle at the a/port with customs we decided to leave the country by going to kos for the day and pay fine going out and renewing coming back . but when we got to the tugetreis ferry term they would not let us leave or pay the fine . they told us the only place you can leave to gotokos and pay fine is by going from the bodrum ferry customs . so we had to go from bodrum the next day .

Kos Ferry
Biggles, Let's say you DID miss the ferry back to Altinkum (on purpose!) how much would you roughly be expected to pay for an overnight stay in Kos?

Mel (and Anne)

Kos Ferry
Hi, yes, you can renew your visa from Turgutreis if it hasn't already run out. I just did it a week ago! My first time! (Finally, a question I know the answer to!) :)

Fendouglas

Gangless!
Kos Ferry
Hi, yes, you can renew your visa from Turgutreis if it hasn't already run out. I just did it a week ago! My first time! (Finally, a question I know the answer to!) :)

When you say "if it hasn't run out", can you renew it if it still has about 3 weeks to run-out date?

SAMIMI

EX MEMBER
Kos Ferry
Yes Peter, you can. We renewed ours with only 4 more days left on it. Did not want to wait until the 90 days just in case of rough seas and ferry might be cancelled.

Raysalaff

Just Call Me Ray !
Kos Ferry

We had some friends over last year and took them for a day to Kos, it can become a long day if like us you have made the trip a few times but this time we were able to book a coach trip on board the ferry, if this available when you go it's well worth the £10 for the trip, it takes you up into the mountain villages, a stop for lunch and shopping, it gets you back to Kos town in ample time to sit and enjoy a coffe or an Ice Cream before going to the ferry to return to Bodrum, sorry forgot to say this is the Bodrum Ferry.

biggles

biggles
Kos Ferry
We had some friends over last year and took them for a day to Kos, it can become a long day if like us you have made the trip a few times but this time we were able to book a coach trip on board the ferry, if this available when you go it's well worth the £10 for the trip, it takes you up into the mountain villages, a stop for lunch and shopping, it gets you back to Kos town in ample time to sit and enjoy a coffe or an Ice Cream before going to the ferry to return to Bodrum, sorry forgot to say this is the Bodrum Ferry.

see my answer to ferry on page 1 of this thread. my point is if your visa has expired then you cant go to turgetreis to pay the fine & get on the ferry in order to renew on return to turgetreis . can only be done at bodrum ferry customs office .

Last edited:

Raysalaff

Just Call Me Ray !
Kos Ferry
see my answer to ferry on page 1 of this thread. my point is if your visa has expired then you cant go to turgetreis to pay the fine & get on the ferry in order to renew on return to turgetreis . can only be done at bodrum ferry customs office .

Sorry I miss your point, but what has this to do with my posting Ref: Coach trip in Kos, and again sorry to say you are wrong We renewed our Visa at Turgetreis in fact the guy told me we had to do so on our return.
Oh forgot to say Sorry for repeating your post, Silly me a slap on the wrist no doubt.

Last edited:

biggles

biggles
Kos Ferry
Sorry I miss your point, but what has this to do with my posting Ref: Coach trip in Kos, and again sorry to say you are wrong We renewed our Visa at Turgetreis in fact the guy told me we had to do so on our return.
Oh forgot to say Sorry for repeating your post, Silly me a slap on the wrist no doubt.

i know this is a old reply to my post about renewing visa from turgetreis [ or not ] but my point was ,we could not go on the turget ferry because our visas had expired 4 days earlier and they would not let us pay our fine from the turg ferry office so we had to go to customs office at bodrum term & pay the fine there and go to kos from there & return to there to renew visa at bodrum term ferry customs office . nothing wrong in renewing visa from turget on return if not expired . Also i do not think they will renew a visa with 3 weeks to run left on it when you re enter turkey as thats how i mad e a **** up as my visa had 3 weeks to run when i entered turkey so they did not stamp it and charge me for another visa & i forgot i was staing for just under 1 month so got caught out . they obviously assumed as i had 3 weeks left on visa that i was prob having a 2 week hol .

ted j

Kos Ferry
We have stayed in the Aegean Village in Kardemina. It's built like Portmerion (where the original series of the prisoner was filmed) and is just over the road from the beach and about 2 miles from the town. The accomodation was in chalets which were very clean the meals were excellent (the view from the restaurant terrace is literally to die for). Ted

Latest Posts

Top Bottom