Sian

Kite Runner!!!!!!
OK... I finished this book nearly 24 hours ago and i am still reeling from it. I have read many true stories or based on true stories about woman in the middle east and their lives. But never ever have i been as moved as I have with this. It leaves you with a banging head and dreams of what was and what could be.

What we take for granted!!

Anyone else read this? how did you feel., Not sure if i'm just to soft these days to be honest. At one point i actually felt like i was in the book it was my family. Was moved so much.

One thing i do know..... I won't be watching the film!!!! Don't think my heart would be able to take it.

:)

JAYTEE

Kite Runner!!!!!!
Absolutely brilliant book. The film was nowhere near as good so don't spoil your image of the book by watching it. Khaled Hosseini's other book - A Thousand Splendid Suns - is an excellent read and I would thoroughly recommend it. Again, it blows you away. Enjoy!!

Sian

Kite Runner!!!!!!
Read 'ATSS' first it was a great book but i think because i have read so many about womans plight i may be a little hard to it. Was good but no tears.

I would love him to write a third one.

Next books are the steig larsson ones and after reading other reviews on here i can't wait. als the new dan brown one.

Turkey in october maybe by then i will be ready to read kite runner again... :)

Summertime

Golden Girls
Kite Runner!!!!!!
Brilliant, I could not stop crying when reading this book, even now, when somebody mention this book I feel start crying. Thousend Splendit sun was also good, but not as good as The Kite Runner. The writer run away from Afganistan and lives now as a doctor in US, I wonder if he is writing about his life.

Last edited:
Kite Runner!!!!!!
Yes me too! Enjoyed both but A Thousand Splendid Suns has the edge!

And I enjoyed the film of The Kite Runner which stuck very closely to the novel.

jakkigers

Eccleston/Konacik
Kite Runner!!!!!!
I read this (Kite Runner) sitting on my balcony in Konacik in June - I just couldn't put it down.

Jak xx

pipermam

Kite Runner!!!!!!
Me too , I have read both, they are excellent books. I think "A Thousand Splendid Suns" is the better of the two. Amazingly, I saw the film of the Kite Runner after I read the book and it managed to live up to the book, which to me is very unusual. So, if you haven't seen the film or decided not to watch it because you read the book, I recommend watching it. The information extras, including an interview with Khaled Hosseni, are very interesting.
Sian, I wouldn't be in a rush to read the new Dan Brown book, it is very like his other books, and so has become predictable. Whereas "The DeVinci Code" was a pageturner.
If you want to read a really good book, try "Exile" by Richard North Patterson which focuses on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict without taking sides or making judgements but tries to explain the plight of both sides.

Kite Runner!!!!!!
If you mean Dan Brown's new book The Lost symbol dont bother! just finished it sorry I stuck with it, Just started Gore Vidal's Palimpsest a memoir so far so good very witty, Jim

JAYTEE

Kite Runner!!!!!!
Totally agree with you Ken re the Dan Brown book. Very predictable but you have to finish it!

babsgood

Deemon in disguise
Kite Runner!!!!!!
I have just finished a thousand splendid suns..............what a book, am looking to get the Kite Runner but I think I will have to wait until I go back to the UK now.

I have also just read Torey Haydens Ghost Girl, bloomin heck she has dealt with some seriously mixed up kids, great read though it only took me two days to finish it

Kite Runner!!!!!!
Oooh Ghost Girl was a really good read. I couldn,t put it down.

I,ve just started Plain Truth by Jodi Picoult and is good so far.

Soo x

Kite Runner!!!!!!
I have read Kite Runner & a thousand splendid suns, both were excellent thanks to TLF members for telling us about them last year, so next on my list will be one of Jodi Picoult's books.

Last edited:

Mirazz

Kite Runner!!!!!!
I have read both A Thousand Splendid Suns and The Kite Runner and both are brilliant books. I must admit it took me a while to get into The Kite Runner but once I did it was brilliant, brought tears to my eyes at times. A Thousand Splendid Suns is the better of the two though, I have read it 3 times now :)

Heathere

Retired
Kite Runner!!!!!!
Have you read SNOW (KARS) by Orhan Pamuk? I have read it 3 times & am still discovering plots..absolutely brilliant..Also try Museum of Innocence by O Pamuk, his latest

babsgood

Deemon in disguise
Kite Runner!!!!!!
i cannot read Orhan Pamuk, I have tried My name is Red and Snow and The Black Book but I cannot get into them at all, I don't know why

I do find there are books like that though, I have never read the Lord of the Rings Trilogy as I cannot get into it..........weird isn't it

Heathere

Retired
Kite Runner!!!!!!
Have you tried Istanbul by O Pamuk, this is a story about his childhood growing up in Istanbul & if you know the city or someone who does it's a much easier read than some of his others.

babsgood

Deemon in disguise
Kite Runner!!!!!!
Have you tried Istanbul by O Pamuk, this is a story about his childhood growing up in Istanbul & if you know the city or someone who does it's a much easier read than some of his others.

I will give it a go thanks

Latest Posts

Top Bottom